Ended Project Manager
Job title : Project Manager (Site Management and Coordination)
No of positions: 1
Duration : 9 Months
Location : Al Mukha city, Taiz
Generations Without Qat was founded in 2007 by a group of development professionals as voluntarily work and officially become a licensed NGO in 2010. The organization works on two main interventions: awareness and development. But since 2014, the organization is providing rapid response activities and relief support to the conflict-affected communities. Since our inception in 2010, GWQ has been dedicated its efforts to support communities in the country, especially the most vulnerable ones, in providing livelihoods, boosting health and education. The organization’s target beneficiaries are: youth, women and children, conflict-affected communities, and vulnerable populations.
General context of the project:
The 9-months project will ensure integrated assistance to 364 displaced households (2794 individuals) living in hosting sites in Al Mukha District, Taiz Governorate, through Site Management and Coordination activities, which vary from monitoring & updating of population movements; establishment of coordination structures within the IDP Hosting Sites; training for partners & local authorities on SMC; and training for representatives of Site committees. Besides, cash of $14,152 for maintenance & shelter upgrades to 244 HHs, and cash of $32,160 for emergency shelter for 120 newly IDPs.
The Project Manager is responsible for achieving the project objectives, and fulfillment of the responsibilities including accountability to donor and beneficiaries. The project Manager will ensure that the project is implemented on time and that the budget is meeting the plans and work closely with the logistics and finance officers to ensure all procedure are according to the Yemeni procurement laws, finance and logistics policy, as well as according to the project agreement.
- Ensure adherence with GWQ policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure hosting sites management and coordination in Al Mukha District.
- Implement delegated Shelter project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by donor and cluster.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Ensure proper filing of technical documents in both hard and soft copies.
- Participate in the recruitment of Shelter team and provide on the job training as required to increase their capacity. Actively participate in capacity building trainings, workshops and seminars organized by GWQ.
- Prepare implementation work plan and follow-up on implementation at field level for the implementing partners.
- Flowing up the field level progress in implementation (of implementing partner )based on weekly/monthly implementation work plan.
- Organize and lead technical needs assessments, focus group discussions, partner meetings, and technical discussions with project stakeholders.
- Supervise the beneficiary selection in accordance with the selection criteria.
- Carryout the supervision and monitoring of shelter implementation, works done by Daily/Incentive labor and/or repairs done by the beneficiaries themselves.
- University degree in related field.
- A previous experience in shelter projects.
- Technical Shelter and NFI experts
- Good documentation and report writing skills is required.
- Familiar with Taiz city of geography.
- Able to work in highly insecure environment.
- Team player, flexible, hardworking and able to cope with short deadlines.
- Experience from working in a Project managment in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Technical Shelter and NFI expertise
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, both in English, to (Jobs1.firstname.lastname@example.org) with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for the application 25 April, 2019.