Learning and Reporting Specialist
Job Title: Learning and Reporting Specialist
Department: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
Reports to: MEL Director
Location: Aden, Yemen
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable people. The mission of Global Communities is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe. Global Communities has operations in countries in Africa, Americas, Asia and Europe.
Global Communities has been working in Yemen since 2004 helping to empower young people and improve the educational system, as well as build the capacity of media and civil society to address and engage the public around social issues related to the rights of women and children. Global Communities has two active humanitarian assistance and early recovery programs in North and South of Yemen. Global Communities is currently launching Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST).
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities in seven governorates in Yemen. The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Learning and Reporting Specialist is a key position in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) department of the YCST. S/he will enhance the current system for gathering, interpreting and managing multiple forms of information and resources necessary for learning, along with managing knowledge generated and necessary for the successful implementation of the program. S/he works with the M&E and program team to ensure that information is shared and transformed into readily available knowledge that supports effective decision-making. The Specialist is expected to perform below responsibilities and any other duties as assigned. These duties are representative of the nature of work and not all-inclusive.
Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA)
- Lead on the implementation of the learning agenda in collaboration with the technical team.
- Facilitate learning from M&E findings with implementation teams and other relevant stakeholders. This could include facilitating regular reflection sessions both within the project team and with the implementation partners to respond to evaluation findings where appropriate.
- Facilitate the use of data to drive program design and decision making in support of adaptive management (CLA) approach to project implementation.
- Assist the MEL Director in close collaboration with technical staff to develop research topics, methods, implement and document research projects appropriate for internal and/or external publication.
- Facilitate incorporation of research design and methodologies in the application of learning to project design and management.
Information and Learning Products
- Working with Communication Specialist in producing information and learning products.
- Contribute to and work with the Communication Specialist on the on-going gathering of qualitative information, success stories, case studies, lessons learned and other relevant information, ensuring that they are appropriately packaged, stored, shared and encouraging their application.
- Ensuring effective storage of assessment, surveys and evaluations and/or organizational knowledge on the shared folders, and to use this knowledge base to promote learning across the program.
- Prepare presentations for sharing/dissemination of program learning/successes.
- Building capacity of the program staff to integrate learning into their work through face to face and training on methods such as: After Action Reviews, Peer Assists, feedback loops, World Cafe, etc.
- Providing direct Knowledge Management and Learning technical assistance support to regional program teams and raise awareness on the importance of learning.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in international relations, social sciences, economics, rural development, statistics or other related field with five years in knowledge management, learning and development, and research, preferably in NGOs.
- Experience of designing and managing knowledge management systems, an awareness of learning methodologies and experience of leading learning events.
- Knowledge of KM&L methods, qualitative & quantitative data collection, processing, and analysis.
- Knowledge of USAID Collaboration Learning Adapting (CLA) methodology.
- Good time management skills, ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From May 2019 until 15 August 2021.
- The application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.