Ended Finance Assistant
Location : Sana'a , Dhamer , Marib
Starting date : As soon as possible .
Deadline : 17/4/2019
Name of Organization : Sama Al-Yemen Development Foundation
Brief description of the organization :
Sama Al-Yemen Foundation for Development is a registered , independent , non-profit organization that was 'Founded in 2011 .
Proficiency in the achievement of sustainable development to contribute to reduce poverty in Yemen through the implementation of various projects and programs. Enhancing partnerships with local communities and sponsoring organizations and implementing social and developmental projects which aims to improve the living conditions and social development in all governorates of the Republic of Yemen. Building the capacities of the society is a core element to achieve the sustainable development that driven by the force of the society .
- Assisting the project accountant to verify the Payment Requests with the supporting documents before the final approval.
- Checking of invoices and delivery of equipment's, supplies and services properly before proceeding the payments requests.
- Accurate data entry and ensue that expenses are within the project's budget and period.
- Maintain a filing system and oversee the proper custody of financial documents, vouchers, bank correspondence, etc. Ensure that prior to filing the paid documents are stamped “PAID” Retrieve filed and archived documents when needed for audit or other queries within the set time frames and assist in preparation of responses to queries
- Prepare cheques/ payment instructions (supported by sufficient authorized documentation), after mandatory signatures and maintain safe custody of the currently used cheque books.
- Invoice staff and third parties for non-official use of NFDHR resources such as vehicles, telephones, flights and follow up for payment.
- Suggest improvements to existing internal controls in order to safeguard the mission’s financial assets.
- Assist the project accountant in reviewing the payment requests from logistics and project management according the project approved budget.
- Assist in carrying out analysis on expenditure on any given Project and produce reports as requested.
- Carry out any additional tasks given by direct supervisor and project manager
- University degree or minimum of Bachelor and prior experience with monitoring and evaluation is required
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working with an NGO, preferably in an emergency or conflict setting, including M&E capacity
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of M&E related field-work such as surveys, sampling and data collection methodologies
- Experience with field level coordination with other stakeholders UN, INGOs, NNGOs and government
- Arabic and English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job :-
- Send CV and cover letter in English to Samayemen72011@hotmail.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: " Financial Account Assistant "
- The closing date for applications is 17\4\2019
- Any application without the mentioned subject line of the email, indicating to the position name will be excluded.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as due to the urgency of this position
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.