Ended M&E Officer
Alatta for Relief and Development is a non-government organization working in relief and development announces the availability of the following job:
Reference ID: R47/2019
JOB PURPOSE :
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects on WASH in the targeted areas. The incumbent will be responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects. WASH program teams will get support through M&E findings in enhancing flow of information and its management. The incumbent will play role in promoting of key learning's for the improvement of the project and for wider leaning of the organization.
Duty Station: Al-Baidha Gov.
Contract length: 9 Months, renewable based of funding availability
- To supervise regular data collection through implementing partners and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- To analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Project Manager and Partners.
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to Water Aid’s monitoring and evaluation system
- Support partners in conducting baseline surveys and KAP surveys
- Participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the programme quality and fundraising unit
- Support team in developing the annual and 9 monthly organizational reports.
- Develop project monitoring plan of the projects in line with project and consulting with programme team and partners
- Coordinate with Implementing Partners for collecting data against agreed indicators
- Engage with to collect and manage essential data of their respective projects
- Ensure quality of data collected by partners
- Provide feedback to partners and programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings
- Assist Manager in building capacity of on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E)
- Develop and share field visit reports with relevant program staff
- Ensure quality of data/ statistics in project plans
- Support program staff in improving learning and sharing mechanisms in their projects
- Work collaboratively with different programmes for strengthening integration and cross-learning in programmes
- Proactively volunteer for various team activities
- Show an eagerness to take on any other tasks assigned by the line manager
Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, collaboration, developing teams, interpersonal skills, contributing to team success, negotiating, planning and organizing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor or diploma degree in any social or natural science discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organizations
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least 02 years with some international organization
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating WASH projects
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
- Data collection and management
- Analytical and research skills
- Good command over report writing in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English to https://alatta.org.ye/ard-jobs/ latest by 20th April 2019.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: The priority for the candidates who has previous work experience in ARD.