Procurement Assistant (3)
Food and Agriculture organization of the United Nations
Terms of Reference for Consultant o/PSA o / NPP x
Minimum number of years of relevant experience required: 5yrs
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Programme/Project Number: All projects including the office
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Expected Start Date of Assignment: ASAP
Duration: 1 Year including 3-month probationary period (renewable)
General Description of task(s) and objectives to be achieved
Duties And Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR), and under the direct supervision of the International Procurement Officer, and in close cooperation with other colleagues in the office, the incumbent shall provide clerical support in the formulation and implementation of the field programme at country office level. In particular, but not limited to:
- Manage received consolidated procurement plan from program/operations and other internal requester. In addition, provide procurement milestones to requesters on their procurement actions;
- Identification of local dealers and potential suppliers of goods from local market applying MS 502 FAO procurement rules and regulations;
- Perform local/ International procurement process of goods from local suppliers applying MS 502 FAO rules and procedures; reviewing incoming PRs, preparing ITB, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with MS 502 FAO procurement rules and regulations; and assist in conducting the procurement activities in the field offices
- Manage and maintain local procurement supplier data base and update vendor list/information per item and process supplier call for expression for interest, evaluate suppliers ability and clearance to work with FAO,
- solicit of low value procurement quotations, evaluating and issuing low value procurement orders;
- Communicate procurement awards decisions to successful and unsuccessful bidders after conclusion of a tender process;
- Conduct regular market survey from internet, global market, UNGM and up-date suppliers record when necessary;
- Receive and dispatch incoming and outgoing correspondence from procurement office;
- Following approvals of purchase requisitions and soft commitments from the users;
- Receive and review all invoices, register them and forward them to finance for payment. In cases, of quality issues coordinate with the technical team on how much liquidated damages to apply before forwarding invoices for payment. For delay in delivery decide how much liquidated damages to apply as per MS 502 rule and regulations.
- Participation in the organization of training for operations/projects staff on Procurement, synthesis of lessons learned and provision of relevant examples from the procurement practice;
- Maintain a proper and appropriate procurement filling system; of procurement registers for contracts, tenders, orders and requisitions system that ensures faster, systematic filing, faster retrieval of information, greater protection of information, and increased administrative stability, and continuity.
- Raise Purchase orders for goods and services for MS 502 and MS 507 LoA’s in the GRMS.
- Act as the secretary of LPC for both MS 502 and 507. Prepare all the documentation for presentation to this local procurement committee
- Conduct preliminary quality assurance for LoAs, by making sure that in the LoA file all the documentation are in order and properly completed and filed, before final quality assurances is conducted by the procurement officer;
- Complete suppliers performance appraisal report after completion of a procurement transaction;
- Liaise with Logistics Unit for timely preparation and obtaining of letters of import exemption and re-export, follow up on clearance of goods and shipments and ensure safe arrival of the consignments to the final destinations
- Provide assistance in the management of all the constructions activities.
- Assist in sorting out all related service contracts.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- At least 5 years of Procurement experience at the national or international level. Experience with an UN Agency or International NGO desirable.
- University degree of similar in logistics, supply chain, Business Administration.
- Demonstrated ability to work under difficult conditions and a high degree of pressure.
- Proven experience in Procurement.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, Team Player
- Understanding of complex emergencies; experience working in insecure and crisis environment.
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills; Analytical skills and experience.
- Full competency and fluency in English.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
- The incumbent must possess teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility
- Ability to keep sensitive information as confidential.
- Capacity to take initiative, and suggest modifications in the process
All applications should be sent to HR-Yemen@fao.org (The Job Title and location should be mentioned in the subject line of the email application).
- Project-based post
- 1 year (extendable) including three-month probationary period
- Motivation/cover letter
- create a table as follows and put it as a covering page to the application
Relevant experience (in 10 bullet points max, 100 words max)
Motivation for the position (in 30 words max)
- Only candidates that comply with the above will be taken into account.