Finance Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Oxfam is a global community who believes poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
The Finance team is responsible for high quality financial management and programme support throughout Oxfam’s Yemen programme, including that of partners, support programme team in development and implementation of the programme in line with the country business plan
The finance team is responsible to provide quality financial management support to Oxfam’s Yemen. Managing the financial functions in the central office and in the field offices. Working with other members of the finance team, ensuring the implementation of efficient financial support systems for Oxfam in Yemen.
The finance team is responsible for ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of Oxfam’s operations in Yemen through management of the Oxfam finance processes and procedures.
To contribute to the management and operational services of finance including but not limited to administering accounting operations to meet legal requirements of Marib Programme Office as well as ensuring compliance to Oxfam’s policies and procedures and Donor requirements
what the recruiting manager has to say about the role?
The Finance Officer is overall responsible for all finance functions in the specified office. The FO provides effective and efficient support to finance for all projects, processes, advisory services, and teams. The FO supports the teams in developing finance strategies and targets. The FO helps in the process of developing country financial producers. The FO also to ensure that Oxfam and donor policies, procedures and guidelines in are complied, related to finance matters. The FO assists in developing solutions to diverse and complex logistics problems within organisational policy. The FO works with information in a variety processes which may relate to issues across the organisation.
- Handling queries (general), wide-ranging internal and external, including detailed information.
- Advice at a detailed level.
- Training and supporting project partners.
- Problems will vary but usually have established solutions.
- Manages own time to achieve departmental objectives.
- Ensures that financial transactions are accurate and accompanied by appropriate and relevant supporting documents before approval and are duly signed and approved by the Programme Manager or Budget Holder before recording in the books.
- Ensures that bank and cash payments and receipts are processed in a timely manner within the agreed timeframe and in accordance with Oxfam GB’s applicable accounting policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensures that financial records, both paper and electronic formats (in the box), are up to date, filed in an orderly manner, kept securely, and easily retrievable.
- Prepares the month-end reports including balance sheet reconciliations and make sure they are duly signed and authorized and submitted on time to the Country Office.
- Ensures there is an updated register for float, salary advances, prepayments, accruals, vehicle rent, Security Company, etc.
- Uploads weekly/monthly cashbook and journals into the PeopleSoft in a timely manner and as per agreed deadlines, for review and further processing.
- Assists Senior Finance Officer to prepare month end documents and reports, produce journals (EOC + Depreciation, contra accounts and other miscoding adjustments on contracts, projects, etc..) as and when required and input into People soft.
- Involves in logistic activities by participating in Tender and Quotation evaluation committee.
- Works with the logistics on conducting the Physical Count of Assets.
- Regular visit to partner offices based in Marib and check their financial records and report to Senior Finance Officer, if there is any deviation or any other issues.
- Supports SFO in conducting trainings on financial management both for Marib Staff and Partner Staff.
- Perform other tasks requested by and agreed with the Senior Finance Officer
- Follow all SoP of Security and safety.
- To work closely with relevant staff to ensure that all Oxfam staff adhere the security protocols
- Upon need and advice, collaborate with the Security and Safety unit, and Field Security Focal to train staff in security management as may be requested
- Report any security misconduct and security accident, as per SoP.
- University degree in a finance related subject or professional accountancy qualifications.
- Experience in accounting and finance work on supervisory level in a similar sized organisation.
- Strong computer literacy, and proven experience of computerized accounting packages, preferably PeopleSoft. Strong proven experience in using Excel spreadsheets. Experience in using Internet-based programs and e-mail systems.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written in English
- Commitment to deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels; partners.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and able to think and prioritise/plan ahead.
- Ability to work in demanding situations under pressure in a team or independently with minimum supervision and delver against team objectives.
- Willingness and ability to travel at short notice and/or to work extra hours as necessary, often in difficult circumstances.
- A strong commitment to Oxfam’s purpose, a broad understanding of the work culture in the “development” sector and its impact on key areas of responsibility and a commitment to humanitarian principles and action;
- Qualified/certified accountant
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: proven ability to present information and concepts clearly
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل