Ended Field Technical Advisor Inclusion
TITLE: Field technical advisor inclusion
SANA’A - YEMEN
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
- Ensure the quality of Inclusion intervention and to carry out the capacity building and training of HI inclusion team as well as ensuring the integration of HI inclusion approach in other HI projects. The FTA inclusion will also be responsible for externally to support humanitarian community in the definition and implementation, monitoring and evaluation of inclusive practices within their emergency humanitarian responses.
Line manager: Technical Coordinator Inclusion
Line manager+1: Technical Unit Coordinator
Team Managed: None
Strong functional link with: Technical Officers Inclusion, Project Manager(s), Database Officer(s).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Support and uphold the Inclusion Mission Strategy
- Identify the contextual vulnerability factors, barriers to access services, facilitator to promote inclusion of most vulnerable people to analyze and report.
- From the identified needs, support Technical Coordinator Inclusion to define the Inclusion strategy together with the Project Managers, Field coordinator and operation coordinator, with the inputs of the project team
- With the support of Technical Coordinator Inclusion provide continues guidance, ensuring the respect and implementation of the vulnerability and inclusion approach within all HI’s interventions
- Ensuring continuation of the emergency inclusion strategy with the development strategy through capitalization of activities and coordination whenever possible.
- Participate in continuous needs assessments for new projects to be developed and for adaptation of existing projects as needed/appropriate and support in design of new projects
- Induction on inclusion in humanitarian action to all newly recruited HI’s staff
- Ensure the ongoing technical guidance, formal and on the job training for project team, regular technical supervision of technical officer inclusion through visiting ongoing inclusion activities and to ensure the quality of inclusion interventions and respect of the HI’s inclusion approach
- Technical support to the team in ongoing external trainings and capacity building activities for partner organizations and other stakeholders; deliver training session in the support of designated inclusion staff whenever required
- Support in the design, contextualization and translation of technical tools, training material and other relevant documents; disseminate among the staff upon validation from technical coordinator and ensuring the quality of those documents
- Support the inclusion team through continues technical guidance on conducting all assessments such as vulnerability capacity assessment, baseline and endline organizational assessments to ensure the quality as per HI guidelines and toolkits; reviewed all the assessment reports to ensure the quality and share with technical coordinator inclusion for validation
- Support the inclusion team in collecting evidences, best practices and case studies of partner organizations as a result of HI technical support on inclusive humanitarian action
- Providing support internally and externally for proper data disaggregation by sex, age and disability and take appropriate actions to reinforce inclusion monitoring mechanism
- Under the direction of technical coordinator inclusion you prepare the job description, support in recruitment and provide technical inputs for the professional evaluation/appraisal of each member of the staff technically supported by you
- With the support of technical coordinator inclusion you also support the project manager inclusion in adoption of project methodologies to ensure continues relevancy in the evolving context and adherence to inclusion strategy
Representation and external coordination
- Representation of HI’s inclusion approach and inclusion component within the project within all kind of coordination meetings (Government meetings, clusters, working group, as relevant)
- Representation of HI towards local authorities and local associations upon request
- Report any relevant information and analysis related to vulnerability and access to services by the most vulnerable persons to relevant stakeholders after validation from Inclusion Technical Coordinator
- Identifying partners in needs of ITU support and coordination spaces for Inclusion mainstreaming
- Ensuring coordination and coherence of our intervention amongst local and international actors, avoiding duplication and promoting complementarities
- With the support of technical coordinator inclusion review all training reports developed by Inclusion team to ensure the quality of documents and send back to them for capitalization after validation from Technical Coordinator inclusion
- Ensure the collection of relevant data and support their consolidation
- Provide relevant data related to your activities (Weekly Sitrep, statistic, review monthly objectives, etc.)
- Contribute to writing of donor reports: intermediate and final reports
- Ensure capitalization of the tools developed during the project
- Provide a handover/end of mission report
Demonstrate ethical and professional practice
- Respect beneficiary confidentiality
- Respect and promote HI’s policies and report to your line manager any violation of HI policies among team members or partners
- Address needs and requests in a professional manner
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to a beneficiary or to others
- Only interact with children in the presence of their parent/caregiver
- Always respect a refusal of HI services
- Contribute to the culture of a constructive, holistic team
Note: the position requires a very high level of flexibility and is subject to evolve in order to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
The working hours are the following: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with Half hour lunch break.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labour law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
- Competencies and experience required:
- At least 3-4 years’ experience with an INGO in the field of protection mainly including inclusion of men and women with disabilities of all ages.
- At least Bachelor degree
- Proven experience of working within a team
- Ability to forge good contacts within the local authorities
- Good knowledge in English language
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team setting
- Previous experience in construction and accessibility needs
- Good Negotiation skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic mandatory
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in SANA’A, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Any breach of the above-mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulation or of Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- Interested candidates may please download and fill the recruitment form from the link below and send their Recruitment form, CV and Cover Letter in English (Applications with no recruitment form will not be considered), with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/FTA Inclusion /SANAA+ (Applicant full name)
- Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Thursday, April 25th, 2019.
- Please include at least three references (stating the names of your Line Managers and an HR member for each reference – from INGOs), copies of ONLY Experience Certificates, and a copy of your national ID in your application.
- Please address all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.