Ended English Teacher
International Relief and Development, (IRD), is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance in over 40 countries and has been working in Yemen for eight year. IRD has been working with communities in the Republic of Yemen since 2010 to identify and address underlying causes of conflict, promote community participation and activism, improve health and hygiene, assist refugees and asylum-seekers, and provide third-party monitoring for donor-supported infrastructure improvements. IRD Yemen is seeking to fill the following position to implement its Programs in Yemen:
Community participation and activism, improve health and hygiene, assist refugees and asylum-seekers, and provide third-party monitoring for donor-supported infrastructure improvements. IRD Yemen is seeking to fill the following position to implement its Programs in Yemen:
Job Title: English Teacher. (Volunteer- From the Refugee Community)
Function: Refugees Community Service
Location: Sana’a – IRD-Yemen-Community Centers
Duration: 8 Months
Under the supervision of the Community Services Liaison Officer and the Community Center Management, the English Teacher is responsible to Plan, prepare and deliver lessons
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons for the refugees,Asylum seeker and Yemeni’s at the Community Based Educations Center .
- Design and produce teaching materials and adapt existing materials in accordance with students needs
- Plan schemes of work and assess students' progress
- Provide mainstream language support and collaborate with other teachers
- prepare information for inspection visits and other quality assurance exercises
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by involving approved disciplinary procedures.
- Adhere to UNHCR and IRD Codes of Conduct
- Any other duties as assigned by the community service liaison officer, the center admin, Program Coordinator and/or Program Director .
Required Skills & Experience:
- Education: Bachelor in English Language
- Work Experience: Advanced Excel, Word and Windows skills
- Languages: English Feluncy
Arabic or any other refugees’ language is a plus.
Applicant should send a CV and covering letter in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line of the email should include the title of the position
Closing date: Sutardy 20 April , 2019.