Ended Purchasing Officer
Position status: Full-time
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/ project
- Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analysing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
- Updating the prices of all the purchases in the Unifield software and ensuring the data are accurate and reliable.
- Ensuring all the purchasing paper work is complying with MSF validation table and procedures.
- Dealing with the suppliers in a professional and transparent way adhering to MSF protocols and regulations without any deviation.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
- Essential, secondary education; commerce related studies desirable
- At least 2 years' experience in supply chain related jobs preferable with MSF or any other NGO
- Arabic and English languages essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Results, Teamwork, Flexibility, team work, cooperation, flexibility, stress management.
All interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, copy of ID, diploma and other certificates if any to:
Subject: “Purchasing Officer - IBB”
Or drop the application at the MSF office
Located in Aldhora Area behind Alkendy Hospital, Ibb City.
Deadline submitting applications is 5:00 PM, 21st of April 2019
Please note that only complete applications will be considered
Only short listed candidates will be contacted