Ended Office Cleaner
Job Title: Office Cleaner
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: HR & Admin Officer
Location: Ibb, Yemen
Global Communities is a global development organization committed to working in partnership with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable, impactful changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. Development is not something we do for people; it is something we do with them. We believe that the people who understand their needs best are the people of the community itself. Global Communities’ Department of Humanitarian Assistance (HA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Yemen crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, HA is responding directly in Yemen, intensifying Global Communities’ assistance to vulnerable Yemenis. Global Communities, with its more than 60-year experience in over 80 countries, has the commitment to be a strong part of humanitarian response to Yemen by building up the capacity of vulnerable groups and strengthening their resilience to improve their living conditions with a long-lasting, positive and community-based change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office Cleaner will perform duties specified in particular as follows:
- Perform basic maintenance of outdoor/indoor environments, to keep them clean, well‐organized and in a good condition.
- Provide efficient cleaning services including kitchens and toilets to ensure clean, hygienic and well‐ organized working environment.
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, windowsills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators and shelves.
- Sweeping floors with brushes, electrical vacuum machine or dust mops.
- Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
- Maintain the kitchen & bathrooms clean.
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, and paper towels).
- Notify administration when materials are running low so that they can be ordered centrally.
- Cleaning the outside rooms and yards.
- Always adhere to all GC policies and procedures.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested by supervisor.
- Proven working experience as a cleaner will be preferred.
- Knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solutions.
- High sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Basic English and fluency in Arabic.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
7-9 Grade is required or High school and 3-6 months of experience will be preferred.
From May 2019 to March 2020.
- Application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21463955/1491567
- Applications submitted after 22 April, 2019 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.