Ended Procurement Associate
Division : Operations.
Location : Sana’a.
Reports to : Procurement & Contracting Officer.
The Procurement Associate is responsible for facilitating procurement activities of YFCA and will be responsible for coordinating the procurement of and payment for items required for the implementation of the Association’s programs.
- Initiate Invitations to Bids and collect quotations from suppliers as necessary.
- Coordinate and liaise with all YFCA departments in HQ and in field to ensure the timely delivery of goods and services for the activities.
- Plan and organize all procurement preparation activities to ensure that equipment, supplies and services are provided in a timely fashion and on a cost-effective basis.
- Conducts sourcing on a per need basis.
- Provide advice on contracts renewal/cancellation or extension of suppliers/contractors etc.
- Ensure all procurement activities are fully and transparently documented through payment requests and purchase orders.
- Coordinate annual advanced procurement planning for the ongoing and planned projects. Furthermore, develop the annual plan of contracting and monitoring progress in meeting the plan under the supervision of Procurement & Contracting Officer.
- Ensure that all procurements are coordinated, tracked and recorded.
- Identify, and suggest items that should be part of a pre-approved tender process, and ensure that open and free competition for procurement's is adhered too.
- Ensure that the reporting and auditing requirements are in full compliance.
- Implement proper monitoring and control processes including receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ, ITB and RFP, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, their evaluation, and negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with YFCA and Donor’s Procurement Manual.
- Provide monthly reports to the Procurement & Contracting Officer on delivery of procurement services.
- Conduct effective research, analyze operating alternatives, and prepare reports to expedite and enhance procurement activities.
- Ensure effective use of the procurement processes monitoring systems and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement; elaboration (whenever necessary) of changes on the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms for the purpose of their enhancement;
- Ensure full compliance of procurement /contracting activities within YFCA rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Negotiate with selected suppliers to achieve Best-in-Class terms on cost, delivery lead time, payment items, warranty, and Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Ensure proper filing Management system related to all Procurement processes.
- Follow up with the finance team section and vendors, as needed.
- Attain approvals on procurement documents from concerned authorities.
- Coordinate the Procurement Committee activities.
- Monitor collection of goods and petty purchases.
- In collaboration with relevant projects implementation staff, supervise the preparation and update of the work plan for procurement related activities.
- Ensure compliance with YFCA’s and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
- As needed, the procurement Associate will be expected to visit the field.
- Due to the nature of the programs and project’s activities, the abovementioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Other and additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Frequently convene meetings with contractors to allow ample opportunity for the identification and early resolution of potential disputes.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related subject.
- At least three years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Customer-oriented, business-like manner.
- Fluent English, writing and speaking.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Knowledge of automated procurement management systems is a plus.
- Ability to conduct extensive research on products and suppliers with specialized knowledge of materials for specific project usage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday Apr 28th, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.