Data Entry (3)
Job Title: Data Entry (3)
Location: Abs district, Hajjah
Application Deadline: 25- 04- 2019
Number of Opening: 3
Start Date: 01-05-2019
Duration: 8 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: M&E Officer /Information management officer
b) Subordinates: none
S/he will ensure that all data collected by project teams is entered into the appropriate database, analysed and well protected. S/he will maintain accurate and up to date information regarding projects, locations, surveys, indicators, and all project participants. Information will span numerous programme activities and various databases will require simultaneous management.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Compile and enter beneficiary and project information into databases from regularly collected (handwritten) registration forms and lists of WASH/Food/Health program; update and revise data when details change.
- Preparing and sorting documents for data entry.
- Entering data into database software and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Responding to information requests from field staff.
- Create and maintain numerous Excel databases for different activities (distributions, etc.)
- Compile, sort and organize data to be entered into the databases or electronic files.
- Scan documents and print files, when needed also keep all information confidential.
- Crosscheck and verify data keyed into the databases for accuracy.
- Maintain and update workflow record regarding work completed and work pending.
- Database for tracking beneficiaries reached under the different interventions.
- Assist other administrative staff in filing, archiving, typing and other tasks as necessary.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Provide timely feedback to M&E Officer regarding data quality and issues in monthly reports.
- Participate in field assessments and surveys.
- Performs other duties as assigned by M & E Officer/Manager.
- BA in Information Technology (IT) or other related field
Experience and Skills:
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Advanced understanding of Excel databases and data entry and ability to design Excel/Access databases.
- Excellent computer skills, with strong typing skills in English and Arabic and knowledge of MS Word.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy in data management.
- Ability to analyze and understand data, organizing into visual representations - diagrams/charts.
- Previous experience with assessments, surveys, and evaluations preferred.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Ability to write reports and situational briefings in English
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please send your CV to https://forms.gle/SK3m8qoQGEmmd1tK6
Deadline to send your application: 25/04/2019, you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your CV won’t be perceived.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.