Ended Distribution Supervisor
Job Title: Distribution Supervisor
Location: Abs district, Hajjah
Number of Opening: 1
Application Deadline: 25- 04- 2019
Start Date: 01-05-2019
Duration: 8 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Project Manager/Food Security Officer
b) Subordinates: Distributions Assistants (DAs) and other Casual Workers (CWs)
Distribution Supervisor is responsible for: verification cash beneficiary lists; check into the dealings and processing of transfers as perceived by beneficiaries; checking on beneficiary satisfaction and use of the cash assistance, produce monthly reports; managing the feedback & complaint line.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Ensure the humanitarian principles (neutrality humanity and impartiality, etc.) are respected in all Food activities (registration, distribution)
- Work closely with the Registration Team to register beneficiaries according agreed criteria.
- Insure respect of ADO Registration guidelines.
- Support field staff in forming the Community food management committees (CFMCs), work with community stakeholder’s committees, and collaborate with them in beneficiaries’ identification and selection.
- Monitor and Support Community food management committees (CFMCs) in their action.
- Supervise registration teams (Enumerators, Casual Workers, Field Monitors).
- Assists in conducting verification and needs assessments through the collection of primary data.
- Coordinate, Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the FS Officer and field team, take part in the identification, registration, verification and selection of the project beneficiaries, according to defined selection criteria, as well as verification process.
- Responsible for following up the planning and implementing the project activities in the field.
- Support in the organization of cash distribution in coordination with the cash transfer agents.
- Identify cash distribution points and assess the cash feasibility and risk assessments
- In collaboration with the FS Officer plan and implement cash distribution activities in hard to get areas.
- In collaboration with the FS Officer ensure all protection concerns are met and dealt with during the distribution process including but not limited to protection mainstreaming guidelines.
- Prepare and share beneficiary list and registration form and share it with Cash Transfer Agent (CTA)
- Support the CTA in developing timely distribution plans
- In collaboration with the FS Officer monitor the cash transfer agents in processing the disbursements
- Ensure beneficiaries are respected and cared for during distribution activities
- Prioritize vulnerable cases during distribution and provide needed support; Refer protection cases when identified to the child protection/protection team
- Deal with complaints or issue related to Cash/voucher distribution through distribution hotline
- Report on unmet needs and gaps in Cash distributions to the food security officer
- Liaise with local community representatives and stakeholders to promote the project mission and activities and overcome any obstacles or issue that may arise in the field.
- Sensitize key stakeholders, communities and participating households on the project objectives, timelines and on general project activities.
- Attend different field meetings when required and provide detailed reports to the project manager.
- Prepare monthly plan, project reports and distribution plans and reports and submit a monthly report on all projects activities to project manager.
- Conduct market assessment, needs assessment, market monitoring as required.
- Assist Program unit to manage and implement project activities according to the project work plan ensure effective and efficient delivery of project activities.
- Work closely with supporting departments (Finance, HR, Logistics... etc.) to ensure proper coordination exists for efficient project implementation.
- Promptly report any concerns or incidents to the Program unit and liaise with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Train, assign, supervise, and evaluate the work of subordinate staff.
- Organize and supervise payments for Distributions Assistants (DAs) and other Casual Workers (CWs)
- Maintain project files Conduct all duties in a professional manner following ADO regulations, code of conducts and charter.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to supervise, implement project activities.
- Hold a BA in social sciences or any other related field;
- Demonstrated familiarity with NGOs work in general and with Post Distribution Monitoring and Cash based interventions (CBI) in particular;
Experience and Skills:
- At least 2 years of experience working as Food distribution preferably with I/NGOs.
- Ability to make analysis and develop plan;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Cash Transfer Programs;
- Familiarity with distribution cycle process and beneficiaries’ selection;
- Familiarity with Microfinance Institutions and social transfers;
- Previous experience with assessments, surveys, and evaluations preferred.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Ability to write reports and situational briefings in English
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please send your CV to https://forms.gle/5u4h9Zz47QnoroLQ8
Females are strongly encouraged to apply
Deadline to send your application: 25.4.2019, you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your CV won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.