Health Officer (2)
Job Title: Health Officer (2)
Location: )Abs, Hairan & Medi districts), Hajja
Number of Opening: 2
Application Deadline: 25- 04- 2019
Start Date: 01-05-2019
Duration: 8 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Project Manager /Health Program Officer
b) Subordinates: Medical Supervisors/ Mobile &Fixed Clinics Health Teams
Health Officer Provide integrated essential health service delivery, and medical supplies for populations in general and IDPs in particular in three priority districts- Hajja through Mobile &Fixed Clinics.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Monitor the implementation of health project activities, prepare implementation plan, tracking of the indicators and ensure the achievement of the project proposed goals, outcomes, outputs and activities.
- Conduct regular field visit to the targeted location and ensure the conduction of the daily work and attendance of the health workers.
- Provide training needs to mobile & fixed clinics staff and community health workers, planning and implementation of relevant trainings especially in clinical management of childhood diseases, maternal health, First Aid and TRIAGE emergency care.
- Identify project supply needs and coordinate with logistic team to ensure materials arrive on time.
- Build strong relationship with local and government partners, attend and follow up the strategies and requirements of Health cluster.
- Carry out follow- up and evaluation of projects activities.
- Participation in the Health program strategy and donor report on project activities, Train and technically support the Health teams & community volunteers
- Collect and analyze data of health projects planning, management, monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Undertakes follow-up action on program implementation activities.
- Assist in identification and selection of technical supplies and equipment.
- Select and compiles training and orientation materials for those involved in project implementation.
- With coordination with project manager, ensure that all staff members under scope of responsibility have an updated approved job description.
- Ensure mechanism for reporting within respective health areas is in place and adhered with.
- Ensure a system for monitoring and evaluation of staff's performance is in place and adhered with.
- Participate in developing operational plan for assigned operational areas.
- With support from health program Officer, ensure that production statistic for health is collected, compiled and reported to project manager.
- With support from project logistic, ensure proper management of pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies.
- Ensure orientation for the program is in place for all new staff.
- Prepare and submits daily , weekly and monthly reports and other relevant reports to project manager.
- Effective coordination and communication along with filed coordination to Ensure safe, effective delivery of health care to target population.
- Ensure that reviews for clinical management are conducted at least once monthly and findings from review sessions are incorporated in decision making and planning.
- Work closely with MEAL to ensure that the compliant mechanism is in place and adhered with in all respective health facilities under this project.
- To conduct field visits to all sites of intervention, provide recommendations to be discussed with senior managers and implement the action points.
- With support from Pharmacist, prepare procurement plan for medical items and process it after getting the approval from project manager.
- Maintain project files and conduct all duties in a professional manner following ADO regulations, code of conducts and charter.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to supervise, implement project activities.
- According to the need attending the health coordination meetings.
- Qualified Medical Doctor with at least three years relevant experience, experience in Public Health is preferred
Experience and Skills:
- Humanitarian project management experience. With sound knowledge and experience of work in health/WASH/shelter interventions.
- Experience managing staff and working in primary healthcare and Health projects.
- Solid understanding of administrative procedures.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Ability to write reports and situational briefings in English
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please send your CV to https://forms.gle/SUdAJvHyveDPbpJh8
Deadline to send your application: 25.4.2019, you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your CV won’t be perceived.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.