Ended Hygiene Promotion Officer
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Officer
Location: Abs district- Hajja
Number of Opening: 1
Application Deadline: 25- 04- 2019
Start Date: 01-05-2019
Duration: 4 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Project Manager /WASH Program Officer
b) Subordinates: WASH Team/ Hygiene Community Facilitators
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementation of WASH activities, prepare implementation plan, tracking of the indicators and ensure the achievement of the project proposed goals, outcomes, outputs and activities.
- Conduct trainings for Hygiene Community Facilitators on hygiene promotion elements, strategies and community engagement approaches
- Support and provide technical support to the hygiene community facilitators in strengthening and promoting community engagement processes in the project areas, particularly identifying project beneficiaries, assessing their needs and addressing and resolving community issues.
- Provide regular reports on hygiene issues and project progress against work plans and project activities including donor reports according to donor requirements.
- Conduct field visits for monitoring of activities implementation, solving of problems inside the communities related to project’s interventions.
- Provide capacity building support to target committees (and others as requested) to encourage local management of the WASH activities.
- Develop and design of behavioral change strategy, and hygiene promotion strategy.
- Initiate the procurement processes for all Hygiene training materials, maintenance materials, and hygiene kits for distribution, based on WASH sector recommendations and while ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Design and produce Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
- With the WASH team implementation of initial and final KAP surveys (Knowledge, Attitude, Practice)
- With the WASH team implementation of PDM survey (Post Distribution Monitoring) for kits distributed
- Ensure gender equity and social inclusion in all aspects of WASH interventions.
- Responsible of the Emergency cleaning campaigns
- Build strong relationship with local and government partners, attend and follow up the strategies and requirements of WASH cluster.
- Work closely in particular with engineering colleagues design, implement and monitor the hygiene promotion component of WASH interventions ensuring that despite the rapid onset and sometimes very short interventions, the community is involved in all decisions.
- Assist Site Engineer in preparing drawing/design/BOQ of temporary latrines for IDPs.
- Participating with Site Engineer, community committee and project coordinator for selection of temporary latrines type in line with assessment recommendations and beneficiaries preferences.
- Ensure community mobilization on all WASH sector related issues
- Ensure that the hygiene promotion activities are made based on the quality standards established by ADO through quality checklists
- Weekly collection and reporting of data necessary for the consolidation of project and strategic standard indicators (number of beneficiaries, Quantity and type of activity performed, M&E results of disposal facilities/latrines performed ...)
- Generate ideas to strengthen the development of WASH activities that ADO undertakes to deliver approperiately to the beneficiaries through this project.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following ADO regulations, code of conducts and charter.
- Weekly (or each time necessary) written and oral report for line manager,
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to supervise, implement WASH project activities.
- To perform any other work related activities as agreed with line management.
- Education to BSc level in Public Health, or a related subject, or equivalent field experience
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of working experience, including minimum of a year working in WASH-related humanitarian programmes, especially community led to total sanitation (CLTS).
- Previous experience of working effectively as part of a WASH project team.
- Solid understanding of administrative procedures.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of public sector and/or emergency services.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions.
- Maintain project files Conduct all duties in a professional manner following ADO regulations, code of conducts and charter.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task including field visits to supervise, implement project activities.
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please send your CV to https://forms.gle/mTw4arDgMdeZJQNy7
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 25.4.2019, you need to write the title of the position you apply for in the "email subject line". Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your CV won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.