WASH Technical Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Position: WASH Technical Officer
- Location: Aden with frequent field visit to the field
- Administrative supervisor: Project Coordinator
- Technical Supervisor: N/A
- Reference: 23 - 10
- Duration: Till November 30, 2023, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
ADRA Yemen organization is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risks and children in the targeted communities, as well as the welfare of all ADRA Yemen representatives. ADRA Yemen expects the post holder to adhere to and share this commitment.
All necessary measures for safer recruitment would be required including thorough background checks.
The WASH Technical Officer provides professional technical, operational, and administrative assistance throughout the WASH programming process through the application of theoretical and practical skills in researching, collecting, analyzing, and presenting programmer information while learning organizational rules, regulations, and procedures to support the development, implementation, and monitoring of the WASH output results of the Country Programmer.
The “WASH Technical Officer” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Assess the targeted communities using the project assessments for both technical and social forms for each activity at HHs and community levels.
- Produce technical files (schedules of work, scope of work, designs, etc.) according to the needs, criteria, and resources available.
- Prepare the BOQs and drawings for projects and prepare all the procurement and tendering documents related to each project activity.
- Supervising field implementation of WASH activities Follow-up, on the situations for the WASH activities.
- Prepare monthly and weekly reports on all activities implemented.
- Field supervises the implementation of WASH programs and activities and ensures adherence to the standards and ensures the QC&QA.
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that organization principles are respected and followed.
- Monitor and supervise the training of community volunteers on water treatment methods.
- Supervise and monitor WASH Assistants in maintaining water quality issues.
- Ensure community mobilization on all WASH sector-related issues.
- Ensure that the hygiene promotion activities are made based on the quality standards established by ADRA through quality checklists.
- Conduct water quality analyses at the household level (residual chlorine, bacteriological), in particular, to assess the effectiveness of home water treatment, and report results to Project Coordinator.
- Weekly collection and reporting of data necessary for the consolidation of the project and strategic standard indicators (number of beneficiaries, number and type of activity performed, results of water analysis performed ...)
- Provide training and capacity building for the community committees, volunteers, or government workers who may be involved in the project implementation.
- Conduct chlorine measurement for targeted water sources.
- Conduct periodic and sudden visits to the water rehabilitation distribution points.
- To perform any other work-related activities as agreed with your line Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical equivalent, preferably in Civil Engineering, Water and Sanitation, or any relevant fields.
- Minimum three years of experience in a WASH Technical officer position, preferably in humanitarian NGOs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Word, and other water engineering programs such as AutoCAD, Sewer CAD, Revit Structure, and EPANET.
- Languages: Excellent Arabic and English languages are required.
- Personal qualities: self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional, and understanding and believing in humanitarian principles.
- Committed, responsible, and able to learn.
- Extremely flexible and can cope with a stressful environment.
- Reporting Skills are required.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل