WASH Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
CARE International in Yemen
WASH Engineer reports to WASH Team Leader. He is responsible the ensuring of the quality of technical works (construction and rehabilitation works) to be done according to CARE's and Donors' standards, including that works are properly done in terms of quality (respecting international construction standards material), deadlines accomplishment, site safety and security and supervising constructors’ performance at any time.
Position: WASH Engineer.
The Position summary:
the purpose of the WASH Engineer’s position is to work closely with program teams for the efficient and effective implementation of the WASH program. As part of the CARE Program Team, he/she must undertake and complete all of the construction related tasks and requirements. The emergency program includes several interventions under WASH, Livelihood and Food Security sectors working to provide the services to the target groups (the host community, Internal Displaced People, etc.), so the intended person under this position will be responsible for the implementation of all projects under this program.
The Main Responsibilities:
Program planning and implementation
- Carry out technical studies-(designing/reviewing/developing construction)- related documents (e.g. designs, BOQ, tender documents, news ad, monitoring forms and payment disbursement forms/documents).
- Plan program construction/rehabilitation activities in coordination with the Wash Team Leader programs staffs.
- Determine scope for chosen works, including technical specifications.
- Assess on-site progress and participate in site identification to develop a site selection criteria list, as per the technical assessment.
- Participate in the tender analysis process and contracting, as per PM’s request, and ensure tenders are carried out according to CARE standards.
- Develop new field/construction management/monitoring plans, in line with other activities, to ensure coordination and efficient use of resources.
- Participate in selection process of technician’s supervisors in the field to ensure the construction/rehabilitation works are implemented properly and with line of agreed specifications.
- Work closely with the program team to mobilize the target communities and other relevant sides in order to make them good sensitized with whole program activities including WASH interventions.
- Assist program team in all soft work activities (carrying out baseline survey/Assessments, formation of community committees).
- Visit the field to ensure contractors are respecting all aspects of CARE standards.
- Provide capacity building to program technical staff and all WASH activities in the field.
- Solve any problems that may happen in the field by coordination with the relevant sides (community committees, Community leaders and Local Authority and report it to the program assistant.
- Monitor resources and coordinate vehicle usage in the field with program staff.
Reporting and Liaising
- Organize and coordinate meetings on WASH construction related issues when required.
- Support Wash Team Leader in communication with district and local authorities about WASH constructions and site assessment.
Training and record keeping:
- Participate and lead in developing training material for WASH program construction, monitoring and maintenance
- Participate in the development of the CARE Yemen WASH Strategy and Guidelines.
- Conduct sessions with other program staff to discuss and understand all technical aspects of WASH including construction needs, community participation and quality control.
- Prepare all the required technical monitoring forms including Cash For Work forms and disseminate them to the technicians supervisors to ensure construction/rehabilitation works are implemented in a timely manner and ensuring Cash payments are pied to the local contractors/beneficiaries based on the rate of achievements.
- Write/compile monthly construction progress reports, and translate as required if required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, preferably in water and sanitation.
- Good communication skills with the host communities and Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs).
- Knowledge of designing water and sanitation systems.
- Experience in conducting trainings.
- English, speaking and writing.
- 3-5 years of experience in WASH related activities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles.
Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The only way to apply for a position with CARE is through the application system link that starts with careyemis.org/Apply that is shared in the advert of YemenHR.com or the formal newspaper. Furthermore, any recruitment or hiring correspondences would be through CARE official email addresses as in this example: email@example.com .
CARE DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل