Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: Project Assistant (WASH)
Organizational Unit: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH)
Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification: M4
Type of Appointment: Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Monthly Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
SVN No.: CFCV2022.028
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Wednesday, 25 MAY 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Operations Officer (WASH) and the direct supervision of the Programme Assistant (WASH), the Project Assistant (WASH) will support the implementation of IOM’s humanitarian assistance directly in the field.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In coordination with the Programme Assistant, support in organizing and monitoring IOM’s emergency field
teams to undertake site assessments, site management, and WASH interventions.
2. Support and coordinate with field teams in undertaking and monitoring assessments and distributions to IDPs, host communities, returnees and other affected communities across the governorate or other governorate as required.
3. Support in organizing and monitoring site assessments at IDP sites, collecting information on overall services available, including SNFI, CCCM, WASH and other basic needs of the population.
4. Support in monitoring WASH interventions, assessments and activities conducted by IOM implementing partners as and when required, and report back on progress and issues.
5. Assist in coordinating adequate distribution of work and monitor progress of staff on the ground.
6. Ensure assessment and verification forms are completed fully and correctly, supporting the field team to correct errors.
7. Support in organizing monitoring activities, including focus group discussions and post distribution monitoring surveys for beneficiaries assisted directly by IOM and through implementing partners.
8. Support in the organization of hourly/daily staff as required, ensuring attendance is tracked and staff are remunerated as required, coordinating closely with HR and finance units.
9. Support the Programme Manager and WASH Officer in building capacity of and training field staff, daily/hourly workers and partner staff on undertaking WASH assessments, and all type of WASH interventions.
10. Maintain positive relationships with beneficiaries, area representatives, community leaders and local authorities to facilitate IOMs work in target areas.
11. Assist in any additional administrative duties as required for the project including preparation of PRs, PRFs and other tasks as required.
12. Any other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree/Certificate or bachelor’s degree in a profession related to WASH
- Minimum Four Years’ Experience (Two for bachelor’s degree holders) in the humanitarian sector preferable and working in WASH projects with vulnerable individuals as well as managing small- medium sized teams.
Languages: English and Arabic
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
Posting period: 12 MAY 2022 to 25 MAY 2022
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IOM
Programme Assistant (RCCE & Hygiene Promotion - WASH)Deadline:23 May | Ma'rib
Project Assistant (WASH. COMMUNITY MOBILIZER)Deadline:23 May | Ma'rib
Junior Project Assistant (WASH/HYGIENE PROMOTION)Deadline:23 May | Ma'rib
Field Assistant (WASH)Deadline:25 May | Ma'rib
Project Assistant (M&E)Deadline:25 May | Al-Mukha