Assignment Title: Part-Time Security Specialist (SS) (Local Recruitment)
Department/Location: CCG/ Aden, Yemen
Technical Point of Contact: Operations Manager (OM), Chief of Party (COP)
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an experienced Part-Time Security Specialist (SS) to support the Yemen Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Project (YMELP), a USAID third-party monitoring (TPM) and verification contract based in Amman, Jordan. The purpose of this contract is to monitor USAID humanitarian assistance and verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in Yemen. The Part-Time Security Specialist is responsible for implementing security measures and procedures, and for ensuring compliance with IBTCI security policies on behalf of YMELP. He or she is responsible for acting as the security liaison with the YMELP Security Focal Point (SFP) based in Aden, Yemen who in turn interacts with the IBTCI Home Office Security Department and any in-country security resources that are available. Examples of these would include the US Mission, and security team members from other implementing partners and international organizations. This is a key role of the Part-Time Security Specialist when reporting to the YMELP SFP who acts as the local threat monitoring staff member, assessing threats to the project including Terrorism, Kidnapping, Crime, Civil Unrest and Geo-Political instability. The Part-Time Security Specialist is expected to work up to 10 hours a week (25% time).
Scope of Work:
- Key Roles:
- Maintain awareness of the security situation at all times;
- Conduct research and outreach required to complete all project-based security reporting;
- Maintain real-time monitoring of all ongoing activities for field staff;
- Liaise with external security providers on an as needed basis; and,
- Maintain and develop a network of those involved in security among INGOs, INGOs and UN agencies.
- Security Information Collection:
- Assists the Country Office SFP in collecting, updating, and communicating information regarding the security situation within the YMELP project area of operations.
- Communicates information on security to the YMELP SFP; and
- Maintains regular contacts with YMELP SFP and participates in networking with other NGO security focal points or security officers in their areas of operations.
- Security Planning & Implementation:
- Supervises the application of the staff movement; and
- Supports actions during the implementation of Country Security Plan, as required.
- Reports potential safety issues or security incidents to the YMELP SFP.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years of professional experiences in security management field required.
- Familiarity with security standards and protocols in international organizations required.
- Demonstrated network of security contacts throughout Yemen.
- Strong English language skills required.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in Yemen.
Education: Bachelor degree in relevant field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment with regular visits to IPs offices, Safer Yemen office, and visits to other provinces as needed.
Physical Requirements: This is largely an active position that requires the ability to visit IPs offices and travel to provinces as required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: In Aden to IP firms, Safer Yemen office, and traveling to provinces throughout Yemen.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Yemen.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
How to Apply
To apply for this position. click on the following link:
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل