Update: Deadline Extended until 28 May 2019
A Trading company located in Sana’a, that works in exporting scrap metals.
VACANCY: LOGISTICS Assistant
Position status: Full-time
Ensure that all the transactions of the company are done in professional and organized manners.
- Ability to communicate with clients officially .
- Arrange the appointments of deals and schedule the processes.
- Track the deals from the beginning until it arrives in the client’s area.
- Ensure proper filing of logistics documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the logistics function.
- Ensure procurement plans are developed and followed accordingly.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods and equipment.
- Prepare documents as required by line manager.
- Maintain and responsible for management of stocks of Assets.
- Receive purchase requests and verify all the relevant details and documents.
- Develop a standard list of supplier’s/contractors vendor database.
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics support for daily office operations including procurement and supplies, all being implemented in accordance with the policies and standards, as well as approved budgets.
- Regular dissemination of relevant logistics information to guide decision making by other stakeholders, through reports, circulars, meetings etc.
- Follow up with procurement of supplies and organize for delivery of materials and payment processing.
- Ensure that procurement and logistics status reports are updated at all times and are shared appropriately.
- At least 2 years of experience relevant experience in logistics or procurement.
- University degree in Business Administration or Logistics/transport related studies.
- Experience in typing commercial correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to work under difficult conditions and a high degree of pressure.
- Proven experience in Logistics.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, Team Player
- Understanding of complex emergencies; experience working in insecure and crisis environment.
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills; Analytical skills and experience.
- Full competency and fluency in English.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
- The incumbent must possess teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility
- Ability to keep sensitive information as confidential.
- Capacity to take initiative, and suggest modifications in the process
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (The Job Title should be mentioned in the subject line of the email application).