Programs Director This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Program Manager
location: Sanaa – with possibility to travel for around “10” days a month to other governorates.
Closing date: 30 November 2022
Contract Length: 12 months (With a possibility of renewal)
Human Needs Development- HND is a non-governmental humanitarian development organization, established in 2016 under the supervision of Yemen Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor. The main concentration of HND is the alleviation of the suffering of the Yemeni people by all possible means. We provide food security, livelihood, health and education supporting to those most affected people in Yemen. We place special focus on working alongside poor households to overcome their poverty and suffering.
The Programs Director will be responsible for researching, planning, and implementation all of HND's programs/projects interventions in all operational areas in Yemen. The Programs Director will lead the programs team to strengthen the quality and effectiveness of programs implementation and accountability, provide capacity building to them, and ensure timely implementation of all projects activities. This is a full-time national staff position reports to the executive director based in Sanaa. The Programs Director will have around “10” days of travelling each month to areas out of Sanaa to supervise and ensure good work quality for HND’s projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participation in setting strategic plans for the short and long terms to achieve HND’s goals and vision.
- Preparing professional time and implementation plans for projects of HND programs on an annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly basis, in line with the main time plans in the proposals and the logical framework of the projects.
- Provide leadership in planning for programs’ projects start-up and implementation, development of quality control systems, and continuous follow-up of these projects workflow in all respects (administrative, financial and programmatic).
- In coordination with projects teams, work on obtaining the necessary permits for the implementation of the projects from the relevant and government agencies, and keep good and continuous communication with HND’s Executive Director.
- Planning and organizing the tasks, roles and responsibilities of the projects staff in proportion to the nature of the activities, specializations and job descriptions of each project staff, and direct supervision of the implementation and achievement for the tasks for them, and providing technical support, advice and guidance- if necessary.
- Good management for the projects grants, through continuous follow-up and tracking of the level of implementation of the funded activities, and verification of the proper use of the optimal use of amounts, budgets and financial custodies according to the organization and the donors financial policies.
- Good and continuous communication and coordination with stakeholders, and other entities related to the nature of the projects work, whether at Sanaa level or other governorates across Yemen, at all stages and represent HND at all meetings with stakeholders or other entities.
- Supervise projects monitoring and evaluation, including data collection and analysis for the baseline/endline studies, other assessments, in collaboration with MEAL team.
- Write high-quality progress reports (monthly, quarterly, semi-annul, annual, periodic, final, upon the request of HND’s executive director) that meet donors requirements, coordinating closely with operational departments for inputs.
- Supporting in preparing new project proposals and presenting the related recommendations and assisting in searching for funding for them from new local, national, and international NGOs.
- Working with the MEAL and projects other departments to implement monitoring and evaluation plans for the projects and facilitate monitoring and review of the projects with staff to assess outcomes and capture lessons learned.
- Conduct ongoing capacity strengthening of projects teams in projects management, performance tracking and reporting.
- Promote an environment of best practice and knowledge sharing across all projects teams.
- In coordination with security staff, ensure day-to-day compliance with the security plan and procedures, and lead on the monitoring and assessment of risks to staff, donors and other stakeholders and travel to the field when needed.
- Bachelor / Master degree in social welfare, international relations, business administration and/or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with I/NGOs working in management and supervision of multi-component development programs
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Prior experience working in a humanitarian response, especially with UN-OCHA, IOM and UNHCR.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, cultural sensitivity, flexibility, ability to improvise, excellent relationship-building, effective in representation and liaison with external actors, team player and comfortable in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle sensitive situations diplomatically.
- Wages for this position will be paid in monthly basis. The wage amount depends on candidates experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل