Ended HR Operations Manager
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
HR Operations Manager -Sana’a
As a key member of the Country Office Human Resources team and in close collaboration with the Director- Human Resource you will be responsible for supporting hr teams through frequent travel to the field across the country programme on various HR operations, policies processes and systems i.e. Recruitment and Selection, employee orientation and induction, Performance Management, Capacity building, and Employee Relations.
This role will lead on implementing and roll out of human resource policies across all offices (Country / Field) and ensuring sufficient technical support to all staff, managers and hr teams.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Under guidance of Director- Human Resource supervise the Human Resources team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Provide technical support, advice and capacity building of Human resource teams (Country / Field offices)
- Develop the capacity of the HR Team in the areas of industrial relations management, recruitment and selection, staff development strategies, HR Systems, Policy and procedure development and implementation
- Advise and assist managers in Human Resources related issues and concerns
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives and deliverables, ensuring quarterly/ annual performance and development conversations.
Human Resource Operations
- Responsible for and ensuring that all operations aspects of Human Resources across all offices (Country /Field) are delivered according to best practice HR standards and in compliance with local law and SCI policies;
- In conjunction with the Director- Human Resource contribute to development and/or review of HR policies, procedures ensuring legal compliance with the local legislation is observed.
- Support managers in adherence and compliance of policies and processes on matters related to resourcing, terminations, compensation and benefits, employee relations, grievance and disciplinary management
- Working closely with the HR Officer (ER and HRIS) and HR Field staff to ensure that hr information systems are fully updated and functioning in all offices(Country/Field)
- Provide oversight of contract end dates, renewal, leave trackers
- Ensure timely submission of monthly reports, analytics and support adherence to country office KPI’s
- During Humanitarian responses in close collaboration with the Director- Human Resource provide support to managers with implementing the emergency HR plan and other emergency HR actions.
- Travel to the field offices on regular basis to provide support where needed.
Recruitment and Selection
- Provide oversight for the day to day recruitment and selection function for the across the program (Country/Field Offices) to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained for successful program delivery through effective recruitment processes,
- Monitor the consistent application of the grading system and ensure the correct assignment of salary grades to job titles within the SCI grading structure.
- Ensure Job Evaluations Committees are held and guidelines adhered to (For new roles, job realignments and changes).
- Maintain overall oversight of all recruitment trackers and metrics for the Country and Field Offices, ensuring accuracy of data and quality control.
- Ensure Recruitment lead times are strictly adhered too.
- Work closely with recruiting managers (Country/Field Offices) to ensure the right job descriptions, proper authorisation and application of recruitment procedures are followed in accordance with recruitment lead times and best practice.
- Ensure HR Sign off levels are adhered to pertaining to who can sit on interview panels.
Compliance and HR Risks management:
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance to HR policies and procedures; coordinating the development of policies, handbooks and supporting their implementation and dissemination;
- Support on HR related investigations, disciplinary committees and appeal processes.,
- Manage staff issues (e.g. disciplinary, grievance) in line with the HR policy and in line with the local labour laws to minimize all associated risks.
- Track Audit reports, lead the HR team in developing action points and follow up the implementation of the audit actions points.
- Proactively respond to and manage performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring documentation safeguarding.
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements and in line with SCI policy, procedures and practices.
Compensation and Benefits
- Review payroll, for SCI staff and ensure accuracy of data being submitted
- In collaboration with Director Human Resource support on the salary review process, organization restructures, annual compensation review processes and compensation adjustments in accordance with prescribed SCI policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight on insurance company queries relating to medical and life insurance and ensure that the organisation gets value for money.
- Manage health issues and medical referrals.
- Manage the effective attendance of staff in all offices and work closely with line managers to manage attendance.
- Manage sickness and absence levels and provide monthly management reports to the Human Resources Director
- Manage the information held on the HR database and personnel files to ensure it is updated at all times
- Timely and accurate manner and complies with any legal or data protection policies.
- In collaboration with Director of Human Resources support on roll out of any global change projects ie Oracle, Effort Reporting etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/ Business Management/ Administration or equivalent
- Recommended a minimum experience 7 to 10 years’ in Human Resources
- Previous experience in International non-governmental organization is preferable;
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Computer literate, with high degree of proficiency and productivity;
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively, either at own initiative or under direction;
- Fluency in both Arabic and English, written and spoken
- Ability to work in a team/independently.
Interest Candidates should apply through the bellow Link :
You also need to send your CV to: email@example.com
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in YemeAll applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.