Ended Medical Director
Reports to : Hospital Manager
Duration : One year, renewable, with three to six months probationary period.
Location : Sana’a.
A specialized maternity hospital is looking for a Medical Director to assist the hospital manager in providing leadership, direction and functional expertise for the hospital Medical Team and to ensure the proper functioning of the medical activities of the hospital.
- Provides medical direction and administration including, but not limited to, developing clinical practice guidelines.
- Supervise medical team including specialists, physicians, nurses, midwives, pharmacists, laboratories and mid-levels; performing quality assurance activities.
- Supervise the service delivery in the different departments; ensure that the staff providing medical care is following hospital’s policies and procedures guidelines.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations in IPD departments of the hospital and discuss the cases with the specialists in the hospital
- Ensure patients’ confidentiality is respected by hospital staff at all times.
- Check and control rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility.
- Train the staff in doing proper registration, setting up data collection system in the supervised departments, collect the data and analyse it.
- Ensure that the medical staff is timely reporting to the working station and respecting their working hours.
- Supervise the quality of disinfected and sterilized materials in the departments of responsibility (IPDs); assure that general compliance with standing hygiene standards is maintained.
- Arrange in the hospital for the reception of the referred cases and ensure that the cases are well received, settled
- Participate in the medical meetings with the hospital manager and doctors in a regular basis to discuss the ways of collaboration and way forward a better care provision for the patients.
- Make reports as requested to hospital management team.
- Others duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Master degree is preferable.
- Desirable diploma in emergency medicine.
- 2 years’ experience minimum as a Medical Director or in similar professional settings.
- Excellent language skills in both English & Arabic, speaking and writing.
- Computer skills in MS Office Applications.
- People Management skills.
- Stress Management.
- Team work, result-oriented, and flexible.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to email@example.com by Thursday May 16th, 2019 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.