Logistic Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
JOB TITLE: Logistic Assistant
LOCATION: Sana’a (With Field visit )
REPORTS TO: Senior Logistic Officer
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 3 Month renewable upon performance
Deadline Date: 02/Dec/2021
Building Foundation for Development (BFD), a non-Governmental, non-Profit organization (NGO), a humanitarian-based development-oriented organization which has been extended its coverage its years of experience. It is being committed to contribute in attainment of the sustainable human development goals and realization of the vision of peace and welfare through sustainable and effective development projects.
please visit www.bfdyemen.org for more information.
Support logistic planning at the field level through coordination with the program section and provide technical support and guidance in planning cost-effective transportation and distribution of supplies and equipment to the project site.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in all procurement tasks as per BFD’s Procurement and logistics manual
- Prepare weekly and monthly records of logistics activities.
- Update the procurement-tracking sheet on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate and coordinating the process of open and analyzing bids process with the assigned committees
- Contributing on open and analyzing bids process according to need.
- Liaise with BFD main office on all items that are not locally available.
- Following & reviewing the procurement procedures from the field.
- Maintain regular follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods as per contracts signed.
- Constantly monitor inventory tagging and recording in accordance with the BFD/Donor guidelines.
- Ensure BFD warehouses are managed according to BFD warehouse management guidelines and records are well maintained.
- Ensure that all items in the warehouse are properly numbered and tagged, and all deliveries and goods issued are properly.
- Organize files and maintain them updated both manually and electronically.
- Reviewing purchase requests, or any other BFD logistic forms according to need.
- Assist in appropriate documentation of all logistics operations.
- Preparing the supply plan, and following up on the distribution of materials and supplies to the targeted governorates and sites according to the project plan
- Follow up the receipt of import and distribution documents, as well as document them, and prepare a monthly summary.
- Submit monthly reports to the project management about the project’s logistics.
- Supervision and follow-up of the logistics and warehouse management in the targeted governorates and districts.
- Any other task as requested by the direct supervisor.
- University degree Logistics, Business Management or another related field,
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Very good in English & Arabic is essential.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, etc.
- An honest and trustworthy person.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with the staff and other stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and under harsh living conditions.
- Ideally flexible to work beyond office working hours when needed.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient, with a willingness to pay attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity, and flexibility.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHs): The BFD workers must adhere to Humanitarian standards the values and principles outlined in BFD policy - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity. In accordance with these values, the BFD Employee and enforces policies on Code of Conduct from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn't charge any fees for recruitment and doesn't have any relationship with recruitment agencies
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل