Ended Cholera Response Deputy Program Manager
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Cholera Response Deputy Program Manager
Location: Hodaidah / Hajjah
Duration: 31 December 2019
To implement emergency Health & Nutrition/WASH & RRM programming in response to cholera outbreak in Hodeidah and Hajjah Governorates
1. Support the Cholera Program Manager
The DPM has to:
- Assist the Cholera Program Manager in the planning and overseeing project implementation in close coordination with Human Resources, Logistic and Finance departments (for movement requests)
- Monitor the design and construction of water and sanitation facilities.
- Follow the WASH activities and running in the HFs.
- Do with the officers the bill of quantities and the schemes of facilities;
- Ensure the design of IEC tools and the implementation of promotion activities within the communities;
- Support the Cholera PM in the Procurement Request process;
- Support the Cholera PM in the follow-up of HR, financial and logistics aspects of the project;
- Ensure the collaboration with the local authorities in the intervention areas;
- Support the Cholera PM in the writing of weekly and monthly reports.
2. Supervise the activities of the program and the team members
The DPM has to:
- Give a technical support to the supervisors, team leaders and hygiene promoters.
- Follow-up the progress of the activities in compliance with the planning done by the Cholera PM;
- Develop or review monitoring tools for all WASH activities of the response, and provide training/orientation to the team on their use
- Supervise the quality of the works and the respect of deadlines;
- Supervise and evaluate the activities of the supervisors;
- Supervise the implementation of all WASH program activities;
- Provide technical recommendation on how to improve relevance, adaptability and quality of the cholera response
- Lead the field surveys and Post Distribution monitoring (PDM);
- Ensure timeliness, quality and completeness of reporting for all planned activities, through systematic review and feedback on reporting tools
3. Training, sensitization and social mobilization
The DPM has to:
- Provide continuous technical support, training, and orientation to the team on cholera response to ensure quality of implementation
- Ensure jointly with the supervisors the elaboration of key messages, booklets, tools and kits for trainings and promotion sessions;
- Support the supervisors, officers and assistants during sensitization sessions and trainings;
- Ensure the appropriation of the project by the communities and of the participation of communities to the activities ;
- Ensure that population accept and implement the practices taught by the committees and the teams.
4. Relay ACF activities and objectives to the communities and partners
The DPM has to:
- Develop contacts and explain to stakeholders and to populations the activities and the objectives of the programs;
- Represent the organization with the beneficiaries with the agreement of the hierarchical supervisor;
- Inform local authorities about all aspects of the programs;
- Involve and inform the communities in the implementation of the program;
- Work in collaboration with the stakeholders.
Technical qualification related to health or WASH (medicine, epidemiology, engineering, etc) and/or experience relevant to health or WASH emergency assistance.
- At least professional experience of 2 years in cholera health/WASH or any related disease outbreak.
- Skills and experience in supervision of water and sanitation hardware facilities establishment.
- Skills in integrating soft WASH activities into the project
- Skills in capacity building, social mobilization and hygiene promotion.
- Good analysis and writing skills.
- Knowledge in training and management.
- Good situation analysis and problem solving skills.
- Good in data analysis and reporting
- Independence, initiative, critical mind and pro-active.
- Flexibility and organization.
- Knowledge in budget and stock management.
- Knowledge of computer software Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Fluent in local language (written & spoken)
- Very Good knowledge in English (both written and oral);
- Ability to work with a team.
- Good skills in team management.
- Willingness and ability to work and live in a complex environment
- Knowledge on organization, planning and respect of deadlines
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel to the intervention areas when required
- Good communication skills with the stakeholders, authority members and relevant community leaders
- Good experience in leading the assessments and other surveys
- Level of the position: MANAGER.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
Action Contre la Faim encourages to apply:
Candidates originally from “Hodaidah and Hajjah” as they we will the first ones considered;
Women and persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 18-05-2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.