Position: Nutritionist ,
No of positions : 2
Contract Type: Service Contract
Location : Aden , ( Dhubab , Al-Mocha )
Application Deadline: May 20 , 2019
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implementing a quality CMAM Program in line with the national CMAM protocols through supporting targeted health facility (HF) staff members.
- Participate actively in the training workshop(s) on CMAM program for the identified HF staff members in the targeted district(s) in collaboration with the DHO/GHO representative(s) and TYF Health and Nutrition Officer.
- Ensure the availability of the anthropometric screening/measuring tool at the HF including height board, MUACs, and scales to identify severe malnourished cases (SAM, MAM, and at risk of malnutrition).
- Implement regular On- the Job Trainings (OJT)/capacity building for the health facility staff members and supportive supervision according to a weekly/monthly schedule that must be shared with the higher management.
- Ensure the availability of enough stock of Plumpy'nut, hygiene kits, and related medical supplies in collaboration with the pharmacist and the Health and nutrition officer.
- Ensure assistance in the delivery of the Plumpy'Nut from the DHO to the targeted HF by TYF field vehicles in collaboration with the pharmacist and the Health and nutrition officer.
- Coordinate with DHO on regular basis to replenish the stock of the HF with Plumpy'Nut according to the HF consumption documents in collaboration with the pharmacist and the Health and nutrition officer.
- Ensure the activation of deworming process for children from 1 year to q5 years of age.
- Ensure that the identified and admitted SAM cases to the OTP are being followed-up on regular weekly or biweekly basis at the HF level until the end of the estimated therapeutic program of the case.
- Trace nutrition program defaulters and provides the required assistance in collaboration with health facility staff members and CHVs.
- Ensure that the complicated cases are properly referred to the next program in row (MAM program), other OTP, TFC...etc. with a proper follow-up.
- Prepare Community Outreach Messages to the community, community leaders, mother/caregiver, and local partners (to be distributed through CHVs or TYF team) identifying the nutrition services provided at the HF, with clear instructions on basic criteria of the vulnerable under 5 children.
- Participate actively in the establishment of the IYCF counselling corners inside the supported health facilities and ensure the activity is being implemented effectively, in collaboration with the Health and Nutrition Officer.
Follow-up the activities of the community volunteers (CHVs) and correlate and link their activities to the respective health facilities in the area of interventions:
- Participate actively in the selection process of the CHVs candidates in the targeted district(s) in collaboration with the DHO/GHO representative(s) and TYF Health and Nutrition Officer.
- Participate actively in the training workshop(s) on community mobilization, MUAC screening, IYCF counselling and nutrition key messages for the CHVs in the targeted district(s) in collaboration with the DHO/GHO representative(s) and TYF Health and Nutrition Officer.
- Provide the technical and operational supportive supervision on regular timely basis for the selected nutrition CHVs with submission of weekly/biweekly/monthly report on their activities with recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures to maintain and have accurate knowledge of all the CHVs and their nutrition-related activities in the catchment areas related to the supported health facilities under his/her supervision in the district.
- Establish and support the direct link between the nutrition CHVs in the catchment's areas with their respective health facilities in the targeted districts.
- Arrange and facilitate the meetings and awareness sessions at the community level, together with CHVs.
- Ensure that The CHVs provide the mother/caregiver adequate information about the cause of their malnutrition, and how to avoid a relapse in the health education sessions, the nutrition counselling, and food ration (if necessary).
- Anticipate CHVs needs for supplies and related tools and assist in defining and implementing strategy for local procurement if necessary in collaboration with Health and Nutrition Officer and Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
Qualifications and preferred Skills
- A degree or diploma in the relevant medical filed or health sciences.
- Public health / community health is asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as in CMAM and relevant health and nutrition programs preferably in INGOs.
- Experience In community health and public health (familiar with primary health care package services).
- Experience in training health staff in the related issues in the field.
- Experience in mobile clinics, health centers and/or health units
- Ability to train national staff on nutrition and health technical issues.
- Good Leadership/supervisory Skills and attention to details.
- Active listening skills.
- ability to give effective presentations.
- Good relations with people and a taste for contact, a liking for work in a team.
- Proficiency with word, excel and other special software.
- Ability to write assessment, monitoring reports.
- Good sense of organization is essential
- Fluent in Arabic and/or English
- English is preferred.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link: Nutritionists no letter than 23- May -2019
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.