Ended Pharmacist (2)
Position: Pharmacist ,
No of positions : 2
Contract Type: Service Contract
Location : Aden , ( Dhubab , Al-Mocha )
Application Deadline: May 20 , 2019
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Implementing a quality drugs supply system in line with the national and international standards:
- Participate in analysis of needs, preparation of regular forecasts, calculation of replenishment orders and buffer stocks and initiating timely procurement of medical supplies in collaboration with Health and Nutrition Officer and Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Anticipate needs for medical supplies and assist in defining and implementing strategy for local procurement if necessary in collaboration with Health and Nutrition Officer and Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Alert the Health and Health and Nutrition Officer and Health and Nutrition Coordinator as soon as the buffer stock will be used.
- Ensure procurement is in line with TYF and donors regulations especially in terms of drugs and consumables quality.
- Evaluate potential local suppliers according to TYF standards on request of Health and Nutrition Officer and Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Implementing an effective stock management:
- Create a pharmacy with appropriate storage, receiving and packing space and allowing to conduct a full medical inventory.
- Organise drugs and medical supplies for easy distribution and appropriate stock movement records.
- Organize a monthly physical inventory and provide the stock balance at the end of each month to Health and Nutrition Officer and Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
- Monitor the humidity and the temperature of the pharmacy and fridge on daily basis.
- Supervise the in and out prepared by the warehouse keeper and make sure that he/she follows the standards and the SOPs pf the pharmacy stock management.
- Reception and preparation of drug, consumables and medical equipment orders:
- Order reception:
- Check quantities and quality of the received items.
- Make out an acknowledgement of receipt and sign GRN for logistics departement and the program department.
- Integrate all the items into physical stock.
- Fill in the stock cards and the BIN cards for all the items as the electronic file.
- Prepare and distribute the drugs according to the field requests and projects needs.
- Check the rationality of the requests .
- Pack supply requests from the supported health facilities and in a timely way (monthly/upon the needs).
- Update the stock cards and the electronic file according to the stock movements.
- Do a feedback to the Health and Nutrition Officer and Health and Nutrition Coordinator in case of any problem with the orders.
- Collection and analysis of drugs consumption:
- Ensure that updated stock and consumption records can be provided upon request for any reporting.
- Assist in development and implementation of drug consumption tools in supported health facilities.
- Monitor the drug consumption by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform Health and Nutrition Officer and Health and Nutrition Coordinator in case of any unusual consumption.
- Support the health facilities staff members in the timely based inventories and the rationalization of medicines:
- Collaborate closely with and build the capacities of pharmacists/dispensers of supported health facilities.
- Upon request, organize trainings on drug prescription and drug rationalisation for MoPHP staff.
- Help to assess needs in health facilities related to drugs storage and dispensation. Propose and fulfil any necessary changes required.
- Assist the health facility pharmacists/dispensers in organizing their pharmacies according to the standards.
- Assist and perform On-the Job Training (OJT) for the health facility pharmacists/dispensers at the supported health facilities during monthly inventory to assure that he/she understands the process.
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare weekly/monthly activities report (or according to the needs) to submit to the Health and Nutrition Officer.
- Compile pharmacy reports for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports.
- Compile drug consumption per month and per health facility in collaboration with the pharmacist.
- Ensure that the targeted indicators and activities are being met through regular follow-up of the data and the achieved outcomes.
- Make sure that Complaint and Feedback Mechanism (CFM) is in place and help beneficiaries become aware of it in collaboration with the MEAL team.
- Participate upon request in a pro-active way to TYF internal and external meetings (medical, security, health cluster, nutrition cluster…etc.).
Qualifications and preferred Skills
- A pharmacist Diploma or degree.
- Public health / community health is asset.
- Minimum of 2-3 year of experience as pharmacist preferably in INGOs.
- Experience in warehouse management especially pharmacies.
- Experience in training health staff in the related issues in the field.
- Experience in mobile clinics, health centers and/or health units
- Active listening skills
- Ability to adapt to the context (flexible in performing his/her duties).
- Openness: knowing one’s limits and being capable of seeking information from others (opinion of experts, reference works, etc.).
- Strong mentorship skills.
- Good relations with people and a taste for contact, a liking for work in a team.
- Proficiency with word, excel and other special software.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link:
Pharmacists no letter than 23- May -2019
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.