Position: MEAL Coordinator,
Contract Type: Service Contract
Application Deadline: May 20 , 2019
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is non-governmental, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
Key Area Of Accountability :
The MEAL Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the process of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) is carried out in an integrative manner with the various program Managers and coordinators and in line with the policy of the Tamdeen Youth Foundation in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning and as well as with TYF’s commitment and partnership agreements with the donors, government, Local and private sectors, and community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of M&E officer(s) and senior M&E Officer(s), delineating their
- Responsibilities by program/project specific in order to support programmatic activities projects/programs and ensure these are monitored and evaluated in a timely, efficient and effective matter.
- Identify the M&E training needs of the M&E team and work with the team and other collaborators such as the Organizational Development Manager to plan and implement training that meets these needs.
- Develop and review the strategy of the program by the participation with the concerned authorities in the government and local authorities in the governorates and districts, and by the participation with beneficiaries.
- Playing key role , as member in TYF’s Planning Committee, in developing Strategy TYF’s plans of Programs as well as preparing organizational, functional and operational performance improvement plans whether in short or long term.
- Permanently Developing TYF’s MEAL manual and tools based on Lessons Learnt, Practices Feedbacked from projects teams and field-based activities implementation as well.
- Lead M&E system and process development, creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Define and implement the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitor them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Propose strategies to increase data use and demand amongst Program staff.
- Assist Program staff in clarifying project information needs.
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
- Keep abreast of developments in projects/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
Communication and Reporting
- Support Programs Manager / Coordinators in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time for this grant/program.
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Monitoring and supervision of media officials on the preparation of news reports and publishing it in the website of TYF regarding the activities of programs and field projects, and reports of the field needs study of beneficiaries on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Develop and design the information management systems resulting from monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities, such as (progress reports, databases and complaint mechanisms).
- Provide (or update) the organization and the Executive Director and Programs Management as well as the other Related departments with a vision, framework and strategic plan for its M&E unit.
- Any other assigned tasks
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Information Management, Project Management, Engineering, Finance or other relevant academic background (essential),
( Master’s Degree is desirable)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience (essential), background in a consulting role
- Quality and management certification / process re-engineering certification (desirable).
- Experience in program design and M&E plan development
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations ,
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis ,
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others ,
- Strong interpersonal skills and managerial capacity ,
- Bilingual in English and Arabic (essential) ,
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link:
Meal Coordinator no letter than 23- May -2019
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.