Ended Head of Engineering Section
Location : Aden with frequent visit to the field within NMO operation areas
Duration: Annual Contract, and renew based on performance and fund availability.
Nahda Makers organization ( NMO ) Summary:
NMO is a humanitarian organization implementing several program in WASH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, Education and child protection Program in Yemen since 2012, with funding from different donors.
Nahda Makers Organization is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Head of Engineering Section to carry out the following tasks:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervision and participation in the design and preparation of bills of quantities for construction and WASH projects.
- Provide technical support and supervise the efficient and effective implementation of projects identified in accordance with agreed work plans, budgets, schedules and commitments.
- Conduct regular field visits to implementation sites to assess compliance with designs, drawings and specifications.
- Ensure that the project tenders are accurate and reasonable within the price range of the market.
- Ensure that there are written and signed reports from the organization's engineers and contractors to the notes made during the implementation period.
- Ensure contractors implement construction activities in accordance with technical requirements and applicable quality procedures and standards.
- Preparation of technical and internal notes related to the design and approval of engineering work.
- Review projects progress payments and ensure compliance with given budget lines and specifications.
- Design and improve technical monitoring and implementation tools and related plans to ensure the quality of project implementation.
- Manage project teams and support their capacities to ensure that the plans, objectives and strategies of the projects are met in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards of Nahda Makers Organization and Education Cluster.
- Ensure that project activities are on track, including developing and implementing solutions as necessary.
- Managing the project budget and expenses and carrying out periodic reviews of expenditures with the person concerned from the finance department, while adhering to the financial and logistic procedures and policies of Nahda Makers Organization and the donor.
- Follow up, review and support the development of documents and reports of the project and submit them on the agreed date.
- Frequent travel to other governorates to visit work sites and provide support to teams as needed.
- Facilitate the implementation of the plans of the Public Relations and Media, and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning and others including (databases, data collection; outcome and impact evaluation; success stories and media coverage of the project)
- Support the development of needs assessment activities, including tools, training and participation at the field level.
- Participate in the development of new engineering project proposals, drawing on lessons learned, needs assessment and coordination with interested parties.
- Participate in the implementation of the objectives of Nahda Makers Organization strategic plan.
- Represents Nahda Makers Organization in coordination meetings, working groups and forms relations with external educational entities.
- Perform any relevant task requested by the Direct Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 5-year experience in construction and water projects.
- Experience in project management and understanding of donor requirements.
- Experience in assessments, design and implementation of construction works and water projects.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD and other computer-aided design and drafting software application.
- Able to fluently write and speak in both Arabic and English.
- Strong understanding of the international standards related to water and construction projects and ability and experience to train in them.
- High communication skills with all actors.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to withstand work pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Takes the initiative in research and learning on a personal and team level.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated towards the development of society.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field (even on short notice) when needed.
- Skilled in preparing and delivering presentations.
- High respect and commitment to the internal procedures of Nahda Makers Organization.
To apply please click on the link below: