Ended Internal Auditor
Location : Aden
Duration: Annual Contract, and renew based on performance and fund availability
Nahda Makers organization ( NMO ) Summary:
NMO is a humanitarian organization implementing several program in WASH, Food Security and livelihood, Shelter, Education and child protection Program in Yemen since 2012, with funding from different donors.
Nahda Makers Organization is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Internal Auditor to carry out the following tasks:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare an annual review plan based on risk assessment and aim to ensure the correctness and integrity of the operations performed by the NMO management at all functional levels (finance – procurement, HR, projects ... etc).
- Verifies that all financial and operational activities are in compliance with Yemeni law & donors' rules and regulations governing grants and contractual activities.
- Review, analyze, and report on the extent to which NMO internal policies, rules and guidelines are complied with, including conducting walkthroughs and tests that systematically assess whether systems and controls are operating as per policies, procedures, and donor regulations.
- Tests internal controls, targeting high risk areas. Documents weaknesses and their impact, and makes recommendations to address these weaknesses.
- Examines the adequacy and appropriateness of internal controls and compliance within the organizational policy framework. Identifies gaps in policies, procedures and controls systems and provides recommendations for strengthening them. Follows-up on recommendations to verify that they have been implemented and adhered to.
- Stays abreast of laws, directives, and current trends in the local legal and NGO environment. The Internal auditor shall stay informed of and ensure adherence to NMO and donor procedures and policies in relation to Procurements, Logistics, Finance, Human Resources, and Programs as set out in the relevant manuals, guidelines and agreements.
- Maintain proper filing system, both hard-copy and electronic, providing evidence and solid supporting documentation for all the audits and compliance reviews performed.
- In coordination with management, deliver training, capacity building, and support to NMO staff and stakeholders to enhance their knowledge and understanding of NMO and donor policies and procedures.
- Conducts thoroughly documented investigations of whistleblower cases, suspected fraud, mismanagement, loss of assets, etc.. Prepares detailed reports of each audit /investigation with prioritized findings and recommendations. Presents final reports to the NMO executive director
- Follows-up on recommendations from external auditors and donor auditors to ensure the recommendations have been implemented and adhered to.
- Facilitates management's risk assessment for financial and operational landscape to identify high risk, high probability events, and mitigation plan. Provide advisory to NMO senior management team, to achieve the goal of establishing sound risk management and internal control systems; offer practical advice on how best to comply with financial policy and donor guidelines.
- The internal auditor shall be responsible to produce timely and accurate regular and ad-hoc reports. The internal auditor shall meet and presents reports to Executive Director/ board of trustees. on a monthly basis, or as requested by the Executive director/ board of trustees.
- When being requested, the internal auditor shall assist the executive management in drafting and updating department-related documentation, including but not limited to: relevant tools, policy and procedures, materials for trainings, assessments, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related area and accounting certification preferred.
- Over experience of 3 years of audit experience in NGOs.
- Strong knowledge of word/ Excel/ PowerPoint applications.
- Fluency in accounting systems required.
- Experience in development programs preferred.
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skill and capacity in negotiation and conflict management.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic (both written and verbal) is required
- Professional ethics: Promotes and applies professional ethics
- Internal audit management: Develops and manages the internal audit function
- Governance, risk and control: Applies a thorough understanding of governance, risk and control appropriate to the organization
- Persuasion and collaboration: Persuades and motivates others through collaboration and cooperation.
- Critical thinking: Applies process analysis, business intelligence and problem solving techniques.
- Internal audit delivery: Delivers internal audit engagements
- Ability to manage stress, problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours
- Ability to work late hours.
To apply Please click on the below link: