Ended Female Medical Doctor
Position: Female Medical Doctor
Location: In Al Jawf, Hodidah, Hajjah and Mareb
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till December 31, 2019, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Medical Doctor will work in 8 hours shifts and has to be available for emergencies. These hours are spent seeing patients in an office-based setting, running tests as well as interpreting them, prescribing medicine or treatments, doing rounds in the health facility admission wards , making notes on patient's physical conditions, advising patients on how to stay healthy and talking to them about further treatment
The “Female Medical Doctor” will be responsible about emergency obstetric and neonatal care providing center with the following tasks:
- Apply medical knowledge and skills for diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient, ER and/or inpatient consultations (depending on scheduled work location), prescribing the necessary treatment, while respecting Ministry of Health protocols.
- Perform gynecological and obstetric consultations, deliver all other services for pregnant women’s including appropriate normal delivery, anti & Post Natal care, Abortions cases dealing including D&C and related procedures.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family promptly informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits/ward rounds, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following Ministry of Health protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- If applicable, Asses the specialist in OT, ward.
- Organizing and facilitating referrals of patients to other health facilities in coordination with field officers as per Ministry of health guidelines and referral policy.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Ensure proper documentation of medical data and filing system. Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or Field Officers about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Know and ensure all medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality and medical ethics are respected.
- Know and be aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit.
- If applicable, manage the team under his/her direct responsibility, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of other medical staff required by the project
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Medical Doctor Certificate, registration with medical board in Yemen essential.
- Valid Medical license is required.
- Desirable experiences with gynecology and obstetrics is an asset.
- 2-year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable post-registration experience in mass casualty, gynecology and obstetrics, pediatrics, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Clinical skills with demonstrable experience in coaching and training others.
- Arabic and English essential.
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Personal qualities such as commitment to caring for others, resourcefulness and stamina
- A willingness to accept responsibility when making decisions on patients
- The ability to priorities a busy workload and work under pressure
- Motivation and perseverance
- The ability to communicate well with people, demonstrating empathy and reflection
- Team working and leadership skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is May 26, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.