Ended Base Logistician & Fleet Senior Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Job Title: BASE LOGISTICIAN & FLEET SENIOR OFFCER
Duration: 31 December 2019
To ensure the good management of the fleet, equipment and the compound with accordance to ACF KitLogV3.1 procedures, and guarantee the good respect of ACF charter rules and regulation.
Implement the logistics policy of the base to ensure good logistical performance and provide the best possible support to the programs
Objective 1 : Fleet management:
- Supervise the maintenance of the fleet implementing the follow-up tools
- Ensure that vehicles are adequately equipped with the necessary safety and security tools, in coordination with the Security and Liaison Manager.
- Follow the proper filling of the logbook and train the drivers on its usage.
- Ensure that all the maintenance/repair of the vehicles are done on time in liaison with the car rental provider.
- Monitor the vehicles fuel consumption on weekly basis.
- Supervise the management of the fuel stock, ensuring the contingency for minimum two months consumption is always in place for ACF vehicles and the office generators.
- Prepare the monthly forecast for the vehicle’s needs.
- Liaise with traffic department to ensure registration of all our vehicles
Objective 2: Facilitate daily movements of ACF staff :
- Plan the movements of vehicles, under supervison of the Logistics Manager & in coordination with the Security & Liaison department and Field Coordinator.
- Allocate the appropriate vehicles according to the planning established by the base management team
- Prepare information for Security and Liaison department to request the necessary travel permits from the authorities as required
- Liaise with the Phone Operator and other Security & Liaison staff about movement planning and monitoring of daily movements
Objective 3: Generators and power management
- Supervise the maintenance of the generators implementing the follow-up forms.
- Follow the proper filling of the logbook and train the security guards and Handy Man on its correct usage.
- Ensure the efficiency of the power supply in ACF compounds and that all the lamps and power outlets are functioning.
- Monitor the generator’s fuel consumption
- Prepare the monthly forecast and report
- Asses the power capacity and anticipate any expected gaps.
Objective 4: The premises management
- Ensure staff at the base adhere to the security SOPs as defined by the Field Coordinator; promptly report any violations or security incidents to Field Coordinator or Security & Liaison Manager.
- Ensure the availability and maintenance of all necessary safety and security equipment at the base, in consultation with the Security and Liaison Manager.
- Ensure the water supply for the compound and other ACF facilities in the Hodeidah base.
- Supervise the sanitary and the cleaning of the compound.
- Ensure that all doors & windows are in good working condition.
- Supervise the maintenance and the rehabilitation of the compound and warehouses.
Objective 5: Human Resources and Team Management:
- Day-to-day management of the base logistics team (drivers, handyman) to provide guidance, follow-up, motivation
- Evaluating the performance and developing the skills of the team members
- Provide technical support to the team as needed
- Defining the Human Resources needs in the area of activity and producing the organizational chart of his/ her team
- Establish the work plan for the drivers and the Handyman.
- Train the drivers and ensure that all drivers respect the traffic & the security rules, in collaboration with Security and Liaison staff and Field Coordinator.
- Participate on the recruitment and disciplinary measure as requested by Logistics Manager and HR department.
- Ensure that ACF charter, HR rules and regulation are strictly respected by team members.
Objective 6: Report:
- Compile the base motor cost report (vehicles and generators) for Hodeidah base and sub-bases.
- Assist the ICT Senior Officer to prepare the base consolidated equipment and the inventory list.
- Prepare the logistics monthly narrative report in areas of responsbility.
- Provide weekly activities report.
Objective 7: Others
Logistics: Any other task might be asked by the line manager according to the department workload.
- This job description can be modified based on the department activities needs..
Diploma / Level of studies: University Degree/Diploma certification in mechanics, Civil Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience.
Required skills & Experiences: Minimum 02 years of Logistics experiences with INGO
Team management and planning of activities – Good organizational capacity – Capable of writing reports – Knows well the intervention area – Good language skills (Arabic and English in writing and speaking)—Ability to identify problems and find solutions – Ability to work under pressure
- Level of the position: Technician.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
Action Contre la Faim encourages to apply:
Candidates originally from “Hodaidah ” as they we will the first ones considered;
Women and persons with a disability.
Application Process: Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 20-05-2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.