Ended Community Mobilization Officer
Community Mobilization Officer – Hajjah office
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
Under supervision of Nutrition Coordinator, the community mobilize officer will be a crucial part of a team responsible and accountable for ensuring the implementation of SCI community based activities related to health and nutrition program, plan and monitor community health and nutrition activities with close supervision for community outreach workers, lead the team to respond to the need of the community after carful assessment for what is need by the community.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Collect and compile baseline information on social, economic, and health parameters of the project areas and come up with community based program profile.
- With coordination with supervisors develop clear work plan for community health and nutrition activities, and share it with community outreach workers and MOPHP Offices.
- Lead and facilitate the community outreach workers in implementing the work plan in the ground.
- Keep close coordination and liaison with field team, community, and partners and assist them in developing high quality health and Nutrition education.
- Help the community outreach workers in organizing community meetings, workshops, and campaigns.
- Take lead in resolution and management of the relevant community conflicts over common issues related with the project.
- Regularly monitor field activities, maintain working relationship between team member and community.
- Design and plan for all type of Campaigns and help in conducting assessment and surveys as needed.
- Organize trainings and exposure to improve knowledge and skill of the project communities and outreach workers to deliver high quality community based activities.
- Document and share lesson learnt achievements and successes from the field.
- To collect the monthly reports from community outreach workers, revise it and give feed back to the field team.
- Develop monthly narrative achievement report compiled with statistic report to the direct supervisor.
- To conduct monthly meeting with community outreach workers to discuss all related issues and to put plan for the coming period.
- To take any other relevant task given by the supervisor.
- Extensive work experience in Social work with focus on community development and mobilization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, Diplomacy, Capability to create strong relationship between among all teams’ members and community.
- Strong negotiation and communication skill
- Strong training facilitation skill.
Kindly apply through bellow email . Hajja.firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.