Ended Women’s Protection and Empowerment Response Officer
Position: Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Response Officer
Duty Station: Alhodaida Governorate
Under the supervision of IRC Yemen WPE Manager , and based in Alhodaida, the WPE Response Officer will be responsible for the implementation, and quality of the Alhodaida WPE response sector in the Women and Girls Community Center (WGCC) or mobile team while working in close collaboration with the IRC team and local partners.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
In collaboration and under the direct superovulation of WPE Manager, the WPE Response Officer will:
- Contribute in the establishment of the WGCC and/or assist with locating safe areas to conduct psychosocial support (PSS) in communities reached by the mobile teams.
- Manage the WGCC or mobile team and supervise the activities.
- Supervise the WPE Social workers and PSS assistants, and provide on job training and technical support.
- Work with caseworkers to ensure that WPE case management standards are adhered to, and when appropriate, provide direct WPE case management and PSS.
- Ensure supplies/resources for counseling spaces, women centers and other program activities are requested on a timely manner and are efficiently utilized.
- Conducting safety audits, in coordination with the Prevention Officer, to identify risks and compile findings in weekly report to improve services.
- Work with the Prevention Officer and mobile health team to develop daily and weekly outreach plan based on case trends and need of women and girls.
- Work in coordination with external actors, IRCs mobile health team and the WPE Coordinator to improve the GBV referral pathway.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with GBV actor and services providers and CBOs and other IRC sectors staff.
- Contribute and assist to develop and conduct training, and workshop for IRC staff, volunteers and GBV actors on response activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with the stakeholders to ensure safe and accessible programing.
- Contribute in preparing the monthly spending, procurement, and work plans.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Required qualification and skill
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other relevant training
- Good working knowledge of English language.
- Minimum three years professional experience in implementing GBV response programs.
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- Knowledge of GBVIMS or confidential data entry
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible, able to handle pressure well, and strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
- Deep understanding of gender-based violence, women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen .
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying 21 may 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.