Ended Program Support Officer
Program Support Officer South
Title: Program Support Officer
Report to: Area Manager
Duration: 31 - December - 2019
Background and Purpose
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC has worked in Yemen since 2008 responding to Food Security & Livelihood, the protection, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene promotion (WASH) and assistance needs of IDPs, migrants, children and local communities in collaboration with key national and international agencies.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Program Support Officer will be responsible for external relations and negotiations with key stakeholders to ensure smooth and timely project implementation. The Program Support Officer will also be responsible for the layout and design of reports, publications, graphics and other communication materials needed by DRC Yemen
- Support the Area Manager in external relationship with authorities and government on programmatic issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of in-house creative media content and campaigns in various formats: videos, photographs, infographics, interactive online projects, websites and animation projects.
- Maintain a database of all photographs, videos, designs and graphics created by DRC within Yemen.
- Liaise with designers, printers and other contractors when needed.
- Follow up on the implementation of programmatic decisions taken by AM or Program Managers.
- Follow up with program team on the implementation of the action points taken during the monthly program meetings
- Support the AM in draft official letters for authorities
- Facilitate the connection of senior DRC staff with high level authorities (Civil)
- Be responsible to prepare Project sub-agreements and follow up the necessary negotiations.
- Support the AM and liaison department in building external relationship with key stakeholders.
- Works to support the AM in any other tasks related programs in order to ensure a smooth implementation of DRC program activities.
Skills and requirements
- Bachelor Degree in any relevant discipline;
- At least three years working on programs with basic understanding of WASH, FSL, Protection, Mine Action, Emergency Response
- Excellent planning, coordination and communication skills;
- Proven experience in negotiations desirable.
- Excellent English & Arabic (Verbal and Written);
- Excellent skills in MS Office, Adobe, Phototshop and other creative media formats.
- Experience in the creation of infographics and graphic maps
- Ability/willingness to undertake frequent field visits and be a team player;
- Ability to work under pressure and insecure environment
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate each of DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results through the country team both to
- position DRC and ensure excellence in all deliverables.
- Collaborating: You lead initiatives at country operation level by involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen to beneficiaries, staff and other stakeholders; and you
- communicate concisely and persuasively
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values and set a very clear
- standard for your country team members.
CVs of qualified candidates are invited at the below link by the 18th May2019. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and based on urgency, DRC may fill the position prior to the closing date. Please name your CV before uploading the file. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply