Ended Capacity Building Officer
The Yemen Microfinance Network (YMN) is a local NGO that is funded by the Social Fund for Development. It was established in August 2009 to be a member based association supporting 20 Microfinance institutions all around the country. It works on training and capacity building of Microfinance practitioners, information exchange, transparency and promotion of the microfinance sector.
Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of project planning, monitoring, and implementation for all capacity building activities; Work closely with selected local partners to ensure adequate capacity is built in various areas of the program.
Duties and responsibilities
Trainings - Network Members
- Organize, coordinate and conduct training events for network members
- Administer on-going on-job training programs;
- Administer demand based trainings as per need
- Measure and conduct impact assessments of network trainings
- Facilitate for member’s staff exchange programs as per required
- Ensure mechanism for measuring performance of training facilitators;
- On an annual basis, conduct training and technical needs assessment of member MFIs;
- Prepare annual training calendar for training events;
- Search and gather a pool of best qualified trainers, local, regional and international;
- Liaison with trainers/facilitators and resource persons;
- Customize available training curricula to local context based on the results of training need assessment;
- Arrange for new needed module and curricula (hard & soft skill modules);
- Collaborate with national and international service providers to offer best methodology, curriculum and modules;
- Serve as a coordinator of curriculum development committee whose members include practitioners and educationists;
- Arrange translation of existing training modules/materials from English to Arabic;
- Contribute to ongoing development of training material on microfinance;
- Attend meetings with donors and other service providers as training resource person of the network;
- In collaboration with financial manager, develop annual plans and budgets for the training units;
- Prepare required reports of training activities for submission to network management, partners and donors;
- Take lead in organizing information related to training unit and keep updates, including: trainings conducted, participants, trainers reports, photos etc ;
- Take the lead in organizing network's events, such as workshops, meetings, exchange programs, etc;
- Take the lead in organizing exposure visits for member institutions to other local and international institutions.
Social Performance Management
- Take lead in SPM activities in Yemen
- Monitor and keep track of SPM activities with members
- Participate in events, workshops, conferences related to SPM, local, regional and international.
- Assist in conduction of networks exchange events
- Keep network training manual and process relevant and up-to-date
- Take lead in latest and new network projects as assigned
- Develop proposals and strategies for new projects, initiatives and partners for securing funding.
- Any other tasks as instructed by the Managing Director.
- Bachelor Degree (Masters preferred) in management and business administration, or any related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Change Management and Capacity building (Training & Development).
- Experience of at least 2 years in implementation of large IT / e-Governance projects with emphasis on training and change management.
- Experience of having led business process reengineering/process improvement engagements is desirable.
- Experience in training and human resources.
- Fluency in English written and spoken.
Interested candidates should submit their application and cover letter by email to email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is 18th MAY 2019. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.