Ended WPE Prevention and Risk Reduction Officer
Position: WPE Prevention and Risk Reduction Officer
Duty Station: Aden
Under the supervision of the WPE Manager, the WPE Prevention and Risk Reduction Officer will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing all GBV prevention and risk mitigation activities which includes community awareness and education strategies and approaches to increase safety of target communities and women and girls who are at risk of GBV. The WPE Prevention and Risk Reduction Officer will ensure that community mobilization activities, risk mitigation, safety assessments, outreach visits, capacity building trainings, meetings, and community-based activities are properly planned, implemented, and monitored.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
In collaboration and under the direction of the WPE Manager, the Prevention and Risk Reduction Officer will:
- Design, monitor and lead implementation of GBV prevention activities ensuring these activities are informed by target beneficiaries and correspond to their priorities, needs and safety.
- Develop information materials and activities, in collaboration with the WPE team, ensuring messages are appropriate for the community and tested before dissemination
- Work with women and girls in the community to identify their needs, interests and priorities, and where possible, adapt activities according to these to ensure activities offered are culturally appropriate and meet the needs of women and girls.
- Conduct training and dialogues with women and men community members, community leaders and key informants on the topics of GBV, women’s rights, gender equality in line with priorities identified by women and girls.
- Mobilize community members to create a protective environment and promote women and girls’ safety and dignity and mitigating risk
- Ensure accurate records of Prevention and Risk Reduction program activities undertaken according to GBV guiding principles and global standards for GBV data management
- Participate and represent WPE program in relevant committees, clusters, task forces, and work groups as requested by the WPE Manager or Coordinator
- Assist the WPE team in packing and distribution of dignity kits for targeted beneficiaries
- Manage and lead GBV prevention capacity building trainings for Community Mobilisers
- Clearly explains the referral pathway and refer individuals to the Response team using the survivor centered approach.
Required qualification and skill
- Bachelors Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work or other related area.
- Good working knowledge of English language.
- Minimum two years professional experience in GBV prevention or risk reduction
- Proven ability in community mobilization.
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is needed
- Deep understanding of violence against women and girls, women’s protection and empowerment in the context of Yemen
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying 23 May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.