Position: MEAL Officer
Contract Type: Service Contract
Report to : MEAL Coordinator
Location: Aden ,
Application Deadline: May 20 , 2019
ABOUT TYF :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
The MEAL Officer will ensure quality and accountability standards are integrated into the regular MEAL day to day work, develop the overall framework for project M &E system in collaboration with senior project staff , including recruitment , reporting .Develop and monitor project management plan to systemically document performance , ensure the alignment of M& E activities with project goals , contribute to the development of project work plan to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of
M& E activities , maintain existing indicators tracking tools. Ensure adherence to specific monitoring and reporting requirements, analyses data for accuracy and quality issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and assist in proposing strategies to increase data use.
- Create a framework, work plan and technical tools for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Regular updating of indicator tracking matrixes and report on program indicator achievements on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Write the project periodic reports, M&E reports, processing and review.
- Monitor data quality and keep tracking the progress of project activities.
- Prepare communication products e.g. photos, short videos, documentaries, success stories, snapshots as detailed in the organization communications guidelines.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, and data flow chart). Ability to deal with and perceive MEAL tools and techniques
- Review the performance of existing management information systems to help identify gaps and impedances
- Keep abreast of developments in project changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase project performances and results.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Ensure high quality MEAL reports are submitted on time.
- Ability to work on accountability initiatives, such as child participation, information sharing and complaints response mechanisms.
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Assist programs leader and MEAL coordinator in the development and update program’s knowledge database (lessons learnt and MEAL essential standards).
- Perform other relevant tasks as requested by the Senior MEAL Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in information and data management or industrial engineering, or any other relevant field.
- Advanced skills in data management (Advance Access/Excel) and capacity in info graphics software.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in managing data and/or MEAL in complex emergency programs for NGOs and INGOs.
- Very good written English quality reports.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Excellent English language proficiency – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze MEAL data.
- Ability to interact with field teams and provide remote support on information and data management.
- Takes responsibility and initiative for finding out MEAL-related issues and expanding own knowledge.
- Willing to learn and enroll in various M&E courses and certificates.
- Very good in project control and management.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link:
MEAL Officer no letter than 23- May -2019
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.