Ended Proposal Coordinator
Proposal Coordinator – Sana’a, CO
The Proposal Coordinator will generally be deployed in a medium or large-scale emergency to support the Deputy Response Team Leader – Programmes and technical advisers in the development of proposals, concept notes. The post holder will be expected to the lead the coordination between technical and operational teams to ensure that proposals are developed in coordination. The post holder is also expected to work closely with the Finance and Grants Manager to ensure that proposals, reports and projects are developed and implemented in compliance with donor requirements. In most circumstances, the post holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity building existing country programme staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support and coordinate the proposal development process.
- Conduct GNG for all identified opportunities.
- Prepare proposal development plan.
- Coordinate internally with all proposal development stakeholders to submit quality proposal/CN’s in time and compliant to donor expectations and guidelines
- Support and coordinate the internal processes for preparation of donor reports.
- Facilitate effective and prompt communication by relevant staff with members/donors on their awards.
- Act as focal point of communication with donors, and members
- Have regular meetings with local donors from opportunity identification perspective.
- Coordinate quarterly meetings with local donors on their funded project. Involve other technical staff form SCI here required.
- Coordinate in donor field visits.
- Develop response fundraising plan in consultation with deputy team leader and other thematic leads.
- Work in close coordination with field award coordinators.
- Liaise with members to ensure that all appropriate donor formats are available in-country.
- Support the Award Manager to identify potential issues and amendment requests and ensure they are flagged promptly to donors via the relevant Save the Children member.
- Support the country office to ensure robust and comprehensive records are maintained for all awards to meet audit requirements.
- Work with internal and external auditors as necessary.
- Capacity building of local staff in reporting and proposal development process
Award Management System (AMS)
- Ensure that all opportunities, proposals, agreements with donors are processed and approved through AMS and the system is an accurate reflection of current award status at all times.
- Ensure all partners and sub-award agreements are uploaded into AMS.
- Ensure that all adequate attachments appear on AMS and are retained as part of the award audit trail.
- Ensure agreements are approved on AMS and DEA’s are created in time.
- Deliver high quality results in line with the agreed ToR and develop effective relationships with country programme staff.
- Comply with all relevant SC policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Previous first phase emergency response experience is essential
- Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, proposal development, and donor reporting. OFDA, ECHO, DFID, and UN agencies experience is desirable
- Good understanding of donor compliance and SC reporting mechanisms and requirements
- Proven capacity to deliver training and coach staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
Please make the candidates apply through the bellow link:
You also need to send your CV to: email@example.com
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.