Ended Culture Mediator
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is opening an EXTERNAL RECRUITMENT for Yemeni nationals for the following position:
CULTURAL MEDIATOR (Liaison Officer assistant) RE- announced
Location: Aden Trauma Center – behind Sadaqa Hospital.
Contract type: Full time contract
Reporting to: Field Coordinator / Project Medical Referent / Activity Manager
Contract duration: 6 Months starting ASAP
Level: L 4
- Making the link between MSF and people in transit, host communities, migrants communities, informing patients and communities about MSF and services it provides and the constraints, procedures and opportunities in access of services (e.g. shelter, food) provided by other actors
- Supporting in data collection and research concerning local and international context with regards to medical and humanitarian issues, in order to provide reliable information for further decision-making
- Working closely with the different departments: Medical, Logistic, Adapting communication to any circumstances, using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners by adapting the messages to the culture of the beneficiaries and developing reading capability of the context in which he should operate.
- Participating in creation of any material needed for communication
- Accompanying and following up beneficiaries to referrals (health and social care facilities) as needed.
- Report all important information expressed by the communities, ensuring confidentiality at all times
- Together with his/her supervisor, and the Head Guard, he/she is in charge of proper implementation of security rules within the hospital premises
- Informs his/her supervisor about any event that could compromise security
- Participate in the management of all security cases
- Respects patients confidentiality
- Acts neutrally and impartially
- Maintain good relationships with all teams
- Participate to meeting as requested
- The above mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive and the employee can be asked to perform other tasks, according to the necessary daily work and the occasional needs of the mission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Desirable degree in social science, social communication or teaching • Training in interpretation or intercultural mediation is an asset
- Experience: 3 years experience in translation and/or cultural mediation with NGOs is an added advantage.
- Language: Fluency in at least one of the beneficiaries’ languages is mandatory (Beneficiaries languages: Arabic, Pashto, Dari, Urdu, Farsi, Kurdish dialects, Somali, West Africa dialects (Mandinga, Foula/Poular, Wolof), French, Tigrinya and Amharic
- Knowledge: Computer literacy.
- Competencies: People Management and Development, Commitment to MSF Principles, Flexibility, Team work and cooperation, Results and Quality Orientation.
Applications must be addressed in English.
Candidates should submit CV and motivation letter to the following:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Aden – behind Sadaqa Hospital, in mail box at the entrance gate
with the mention of Cult-Media on the envelop or
In the e-mail address: email@example.com with Cult-Media as subject.
Deadline for application: 16th of May 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered.
Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned.