Ended Child Protection Program Coordinator
Child Protection Program Coordinator – Sana’a Sub Office
- Length of Contract is 11 months with possible extension.
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a
The Child Protection Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and management of CP programs (direct implementation and partners monitoring) in Sana’a and Amran. With support from the CP Program Manager and Child Protection Technical Advisor, the Program Coordinator will take responsibility for implementing high quality child protection interventions. S/he will be responsible to coordinate effectively with the field team, implementing partners and technical lead to gain support on quality assurance and smooth programme operations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Key areas of accountability:
Planning, coordination, and program implementation
- Lead the implementation of high quality program activities in line with CP country program strategies, grant agreements and with relevant SC technical requirements.
- Plan and ensure that program activities are efficiently implemented, fully understood and manageable. In case delays or other implementation constraints, make sure these are identified, documented and solutions initiated (as much as possible based on community- & child participatory approaches).
- Follow up and ensure day-to-day coordination of Child Protection program response interventions, including staff supervision, development of staff work plans and reporting to ensure proposed results are achieved on time, within budget and in compliance with donor requirements.
- Contribute in developing SCI CP- internal strategy and response plan and developing proposals.
- Coordinate effectively with support departments (Logistic, Finance, HR ...Etc.) and ensure facilitation of smooth and timly implementation of program activities
- Provide support and orientation for Child Protection, PSS, Case Management and CFS staff and other team members on setting up and managing Child Protection program activities.
- Establishing the detailed implementation plan and ensuring the activities are implemented according to the detailed implementation plan.
- Supervise and provide support for case management work and progress in relation to quality and completeness of requirements as well as compliance to donor and SCI regulations and cretirea of intervention.
- Ensure programs tragtes and goals are met by effective and efficient implementation mannar.
- Make regular visits to the field; carry out process monitoring and provide feedback and support for achieving the desired results in a timely and quality manner.
- Where challenges arise, ensure that these are flagged early, communicated to the CP Manager and addressed in an appropriate way;
- Monitor progress of activities against planned achievements, outcomes and impact; evaluate the continued relevance and appropriateness of the program activities based on community- and child participatory approaches.
- Coordinate and support the CP Manager to develop project-specific progress reports and relevant donor reports ensuring they are timely, of high quality and serve to inform management decisions. This includes internal reports as required and the humanitarian monthly reports to CPSC activity info reports).
- Provide technical and managerial guidance plus support for efficient implementation at all levels
- Inform and highlight identified issues to CP Management and follow up the generation of needed actions.
- Win coordination with MEAL, ensure reported data of all programs is accurate, detailed, up to date and complete.
- Conduct regular monitoring to partners progress and ensure timely delivery of narrative as well as financial reports in accordance with the agreed MOU and timelines. Review partner’s reports and provide needed support to ensure provision of quality reports with sufficient information covering all required aspects.
- Review staff achievement and progress reports on regular bases as required based on context and situational change.
- Under supervision of the CP Manager, lead on developing timely capacity-building plans within CP intervention areas in Sana’a and Amran based on project plans.
- Ensure mentoring implementation is part of the capacity-building plans and feeds into SC monthly reporting (internal and external – SRF)
- Provide necessary technical training and develop appropriate technical guidance and materials to partners and stakeholders.
- Support capacity building needs assessment among CP colleagues and other sector staff, as identified by CP Program Managers
Analyze the contexts in which international humanitarian projects are conducted
- Assist the CP manager in the programming for affected children and communities in the areas that include but not limit to: Psychosocial Wellbeing, unaccompanied and separated children, Prevention and response to child recruitment, Prevention and response to sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) and gender-based violence (GBV), Prevention and response to the main risks for children’s exposure to physical harm, harmful child labour and child trafficking, Justice for Children.
- Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around CP program scope and components (e.x.CFSs, Commuity Centers and targeted areas)
- In line with good practices and minimum standards, assist the Manager in upholding technical leadership on Save the Children’s program implementation including referral and management of individual child protection cases, establishment of well-functioning Child Friendly Spaces and establishment/strengthening of community Child Protection Committees
- Keep up to date on key technical areas and methodology development –- including but not limited to SC specific methodologies as Child Resilience programming within PSS, Positive Discipline in Everyday Parenting (PDEP), child-to-child capacity building etc. For the inter-agency humanitarian, be updated on CPiE methodologies with on-going contextualization of Child Protection Minimum Standards (CPMS) in Yemen, inter-agency Case Management guidelines and Alternative Care in Emergencies (ACE) toolkit.
- Work closely with Safety and Security staff to ensure programme activities adapt to changing security context and coordinate with Child Protection Adviser/Manager and/or Team Leader on potential programme modifications when necessary
Administrative and budget management of child protection:
- Assist the Manager in development of implementation plans and budgets for SC and partner organizations.
- Manage & monitor/track budget lines for program activities ensuring appropriate spend & timeliness.
- Lead the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for program implementation
- Support recruitment-process and induction of new CP team members
- Motivate staff under direct line management, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance based on Performance Review process and Competency Framework.
- Attend internal cross-sector meetings, support PM to hold CP meetings and participate in inter-agency humanitarian CPSC meetings (& technical sub-committees), MRM TWG, MRE (& CP PO) when required.
- Ensure effective program coordination with relevant stakeholders (Gov., NGOs, INGOs, UN etc)
- Any other tasks as required by the line Manager.
- Post graduate in development or other relevant field (equivalent in professional experience may also be considered) years management experience of running complex multi grant programmes, both in emergency and normal circumstances
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least two years’ experience of running complex multi grant programs, in emergency situation, preferably both in emergency and development interventions.
- Very strong knowledge and understanding of key technical areas of CP programming
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic is a must.
- Accumulative experience working with partners.
- A good team worker willing to learn from others, listen and provide sound technical advice on construction that will benefit children
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with good communication skills
- Working knowledge of the other sectors that include education, livelihoods and health.
- Understanding of Clusters working and coordination mechanism and reporting needs.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided
- An in-depth understanding of national development issues in particular in relation to children
- Commitment to Save the Children Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy and values
- Previous experience of working with a multi-cultural team and the adaptability to varied team dynamics.
- Experience in writing CP proposals and concept notes
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
If you are interested, please send your applications to Amran.email@example.com
- Mention the Position and Duty Station on your Subject line.