Field Monitor (3)
Job Title : Field Monitor (3)
Location: Abs district- Hodeidah- Raymah
Number of Opening: 3
Application Deadline: 30- 05- 2019
Start Date: 30- 05- 2019
Duration: 8 Months
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Nutrition Project Manager & M&E officer
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Identify potential problems of the program at field level and discuss remedial action with project office or report to appropriate project office in charge.
- Report periodically to the line supervisor on any relevant issues regarding food management, distribution and other related issues including complains/suggestions
- Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievements and constraints and provide feedback accordingly.
- Maintain proper filing systems and storage of all project documents, reports and other relevant technical materials (both hard and soft copies)
- Compile documentation of best practices and lessons learnt within the organization and with other stakeholders in your project areas.
- Work closely with ADO Food Distribution Team at field level to ensure smooth implementation of BSFP component in an integrated manner.
- Follow up to ensure that all reports at field level are accurately prepared and submitted to the line supervisor on a timely basis.
- Perform any other related duties as requested by direct line supervisor.
- Ensure that the nutrition activities are delivered according to ADO’s and donors' contractual requirements and that all activities and deliverables are completed within the agreed timescale and budget.
- Play active role in the verification of beneficiary selection and registration activities, ensuring that the approved beneficiary selection criteria are properly followed.
- Report any inconsistencies and unfairness in the process of distribution of nutrition comodoties.
- Report any exploitation acts, including receiving money from beneficiaries in return of ADO supported services.
- Conduct periodic check on the registration books and cross check with the monthly reports, follow up cards and other relevant documents.
- Conduct random stock count to the supported commodities in the health facilities.
- Submit weekly reports on visit findings and gaps.
- Perform any other related duty that may be assigned to you from time to time.
- Bachelor degree preferably in Health or nutrition or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated familiarity with NGOs work in general and with Post Distribution Monitoring and Cash based interventions (CBI) in particular;
Specific skills for the post:
- At least 2 year experience in the nutrition/health activity (CMAM, SFP/OTP/SC preferred or IMCI/PHC,RH, care & feeding practices,...).
- Understanding and program experience in nutrition activities.
- Strong understanding of local socio-economic development issues, institutions and local contexts for target communities.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the promotion of gender equity in all aspects of ADO’s work.
- High Skills of personal organization, self-sufficiency-Competent and initiative.
- Understanding and well knowledge of Emergency and early recovery programmes based poverty context indicators analysis in ( Al- Hodiadah & Raymah)
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Honest and trustworthy person.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Prefer to be able to communicate and develop linkages with NGOs & INGOs, Government agencies, local communities.
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions
Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Due to nature of activates and areas where we operate, work might entail difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Extensive field travel to the target areas required.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please send your CV to https://forms.gle/XA9Nvcwj2JxVwj5R9
Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline to send your application: 30.5.2019, Please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your CV won’t be perceived.
We will depend on rolling basis recruitment.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.