Facilitator (4) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI, WFP, and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff, and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a, Almahweet, Aden, and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted Vacancy: Facilitator
Number of Vacancies: (4)
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Location: Main Office (Family Center)
Position type: Full-time Contract- Part -time Contract
Position reporting to Family Center Manager
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post Date: May10th, 2022.
Closing Date: May 14th, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing psychological support and implementing psychological support activities for the children taking into consideration the age of the children and contributing to the development of the child's abilities using entertaining and useful methods within enjoyable and educational lessons.
- Updating the (weekly - monthly - annual) plans of the implementation of activities and ensuring that they are implemented in the scheduled duration and convey the plans to the supervisor of the friendly space.
- Being responsible for implementing the activities in safe areas according to age groups taking into consideration the opinions of the children. the most prominent activities are as follows:
- Raising children's awareness of their rights and duties
- Raising children's awareness of how to protect themselves.
- Provide life skills for children.
- Discovering the most vulnerable and special needs children who need interventions and referring them to the protection specialist
- Involving all children in the activities, especially those in need of additional support, such as children with disabilities.
- Evaluating and following up with the behavior of children during an exercise or an activity; help in solving the problems of the children under the supervision of the direct supervisor.
- Providing new ideas that contribute to the development of the services provided to children in friendly spaces.
- Maintaining the space clean and tidy.
- Performing any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Abiding by the Code of Conduct for the employees of the friendly space, and also to abide by the administrative regulations of the Foundation for Sustainable Development (SDF).
- Preparing reports with statistical and narrative information on the activities and report directly to the direct supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School, Diploma, or Bachelor degree in any Related Field.
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant working experience with a humanitarian program.
- Prior experience in life skills, handicrafts.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Ability to operate under pressure.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Experience and skills in working with local authorities.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in using computer software, i.e., MS Office programs.
- Skills in written and spoken English.
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل