Ended Inclusion Technical Officer
TITLE: Inclusion technical officer
SANA’A - YEMEN
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
To implement the inclusion mainstreaming project activities according to Handicap International inclusion in humanitarian action approach
Line manager: Technical Project Manager
Staff managed: NA
In collaboration with: Technical Coordinator Inclusion, country coordination team,
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES OF THE ROLE
Under the direct responsibility of the Technical Project Manager and in close cooperation with the inclusion team you will be in charge of:
- Implement the Inclusion project activities through the collection and analysis of contextual vulnerability related data
- Provision of technical support and advisory to partners for inclusion to partners through implementing specific training, coaching, monitoring and feedback on inclusion and protection mainstreaming
- Coordination with clusters/Inclusion Task force members and conducting awareness raising sessions on inclusive humanitarian action
- Participation in clusters for advocacy on inclusion mainstreaming
Support implementation of HI inclusion strategy
- Help identify/ consolidate and analyze information about sectorial factors and barriers of vulnerability creating conditions and subsequently contribute to the production of information, educational and communication materials on inclusion for external and internal audiences.
- Identify and contact available services and collect information on service provision and pathways per area and per sector and compile the information in the orientation database together with the database officer.
- Help create links with community based organizations and associations, focal points and other organizations (national and international) to reinforce HI’s information about available services and maintain partnerships between humanitarian actors
Provision of technical advisory and support to international and national humanitarian partners
- Responsible to support identification of potential partners for technical support and advisory based on the available criteria
- Responsible to develop report of technical partners on understanding challenges for inclusion of person with disabilities
- Seek commitments from partners on inclusion of person with disabilities in their project as well developing disability sensitive policies and program tools.
- Responsible for needs identification of partners and ensuring that theoretical knowledge is transferred to practice is documented through lessons learnt.
Support at the coordination level
- Responsible to work closely with the clusters/inclusion task force members
- With the support of FTA, responsible for the sensitization sessions to different cluster members on inclusive humanitarian action.
REPRESENTATION AT FIELD LEVEL
- Work closely with the inclusion agent and participate in capacity building/awareness raising-where required
- Representation of HI’s inclusion mainstreaming approach within the project within all kind of coordination meetings (Government meetings, clusters, working group, as relevant) when needed
- Representation of HI towards local authorities and local associations upon request
- Report any relevant information and analysis related to Inclusion mainstreaming to relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring coordination and coherence of our intervention amongst local and international actors, avoiding duplication and promoting complementarities
SUPPORT SERVICES COORDINATION AT FIELD LEVEL
- Respect compliance with logistic, admin and HR processes
- Anticipate the logistics needs and communicate to the Project Officer or, in his/her absence, the Project Manager: supply and services, movements plan
SAFETY AND SECURITY MANAGEMENT
- Responsible to follow HI safety and security protocols
- Contribute to the collection of relevant data on activities done in compliance with M&E tools (attendance sheets for trainings, donation certificates for Inclusion Toolkits, etc.)
- Reporting daily and weekly basis to the Technical Project Manager, about activities done (trainings, awareness sessions, toolkits delivered, etc.) as required
- Contributing to the consolidation and improvement of tools developed during the project; and to identifying lessons learned, etc.
- Help monitor and evaluate the relevance of implemented activities together with the Field Technical Advisor /technical project Manager according to the desired outcomes of the inclusion strategy and contribute to the collection/compilation of relevant data for internal and external monitoring and reporting purposes as required
- Post graduate in Humanitarian Action/ Development studies or social fields (anthropology, psychosocial, sociology, protection)
- Experience in with INGOs
- Experience in projects related to Inclusion and Protection
- Experience in advocacy related to disability and vulnerability issue with NGOs, preferably in emergency context
- Trainer of Trainer TOT is an asset
- Experience in anthropology/sociology is an asset
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic mandatory
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Global knowledge on Humanitarian principles, protection mainstreaming, age and disability mainstreaming is desirable
- Global knowledge on inclusion of most vulnerable in humanitarian action is desirable
Willingness and ability
- Travel in and around Sana’a and Amanat Al Asimah Governorates to train multiple health facilities/ partner organization(s)
- On occasion, stay overnight outside of Sana’a City (where operations are presently based) as field movement requires
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in SANA’A, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Any breach of the above-mentioned responsibilities, of the Internal Regulation or of Terms and Conditions of Engagement may be sanctioned by a written warning or immediate dismissal if appropriate.
- Interested candidates may please send their CV and Cover Letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2019/PROG/ITO+ Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Sunday, May 19th, 2019.
- Please include at least three references (stating the names of your Line Managers and an HR member for each reference – from INGOs), copies of ONLY Experience Certificates, and a copy of your national ID in your application.
- Please address all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.