Vacancy Announcement – Cleaner-Aden
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Ad-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
- Wear proper clothes to appear in a good manner
- Ensure a good ACTED representation, and as such be always polite, professional and resourceful
- keep offices and corridors tidy
- Keep the hygiene and tidiness of kitchen and make sure the refrigerator is clean all the time;
- Clean the kitchen after each time of meals every day;
- Clean toilets 3 times a day
- Clean the carpets with Vacuum cleaner at least twice a week
- Take garbage from the rooms twice and ensure the garbage is collected by collector regularly
- Clean window glasses twice a month
- Clean the doors monthly
- Prepare coffee/tea during the day for guests
- Ensure good condition of the meeting rooms before and after and assist in prior refreshment preparation
- Wash towels daily
- Keep the yard and the roof clean once a month
- Supervise and accompany the procurement of refreshments
- Respond quickly and effectively to any sanitation-related emergencies
- Report to supervisors ahead in case of absence
- Extend other assistance to the department when required.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Education: Literate
- Minimum working experience: 1/2 Years in the same field
- Good in both English and Arabic
- Reliability, Punctuality and Commitment
- Good awareness of hygiene and safety
- Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Aden - Cleaner”.
- The closing date for applications is Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Candidates must rename CV: (First & Surname + Aden- Cleaner).
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification