Security and Liaison Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Security and Liaison Officer
Duration: 31 December 2019
- Provide regular updates to the Security & Liaison Manager & the Field Coordinator on safety & security issues which might affect the security of ACF staff, equipment and premises.
- Coordinate & follow-up with relevant government departments, law enforcement agencies, communities, tribal leaders and others regarding safety & security issues or incidents.
Objective 1: Information Management
- Collect information related to the security situation which is relevant to ensuring the safety and security of ACF staff and premises in the area/s of intervention.
- Create, expand and maintain an information network for the purpose of ensuring ACF’s safety and security
- Translate security-related documents from Arabic to English and vice-versa.
- Compile regular briefs (daily or weekly) with news related to the area
- Conduct security assessments (including road & access) in areas where ACF is implementing the projects (prior to implementation or during the implementation period), to assess any possible risks to ACF in the area
- Conduct security assessments of areas prior to ACF staff movements to those areas, to ensure the safety of national and expat staff
- Under supervision of the Security & Liaison Manager and the Field Coordinator, disseminate relevant security advice to staff
- Keep the contact list updated
Objective 2: Liaison and Coordination
- Support the Security & Liaison Manager, and the Field Coordinator when requested, to establish good relationships with governorate, district authorities, communities and tribal leaders in order to allow ACF operations to proceed smoothly
- Create, expand and maintain a liaison network
- Conduct awareness sessions for communities on the ACF Charter and activities when requested by the Security and Liaison Manager (based on request from program teams)
- Under supervision of the Security & Liaison Manager and the Field Coordinator, coordinate with relevant government departments, law enforcement agencies, communities, tribal leaders, etc, in case of any issues related to security incidents/accidents.
Objective 3: Safety & Security
- Contribute to ensuring that ACF security & safety rules (for premises, vehicles and in the field) are followed by all staff during working time and use of ACF premises / facilities
- Assist the Security & Liaison Manager to supervise follow-up the daily movement of field staff by Phone Operator
- Ensure security & safety equipment (first aid kits, fire fighting equipment etc.) is available to ACF staff and well-maintained, in collaboration with logistics department
- Make recommendations to the Security & Liaison Manager on safety / security measures that need to be taken around ACF premises or in the field.
- Provide input to the updating of the security plan and other security documents
Objective 4: Team management
- Assist the Security and Liaison Manager to Supervise the Guards at the base.
Objective 5: Reporting
- Contribute to weekly / monthly security updates/ reports which will be compiled by the Security and Liaison Manager or the Field Coordinator
- Collect and provide information to the Security and Liaison Manager and Field Coordinator for Incident reporting
- Contribute to Safety & Security assessment reports (Field / Premises)
Objective 6: Other
- Participate in security-related internal and external meetings when requested by the Security and Liaison Manager or the Field Coordinator.
- In absence of the Security and Liaison Manager, assume additional security-related tasks when assigned to do so by the Field Coordinator.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Security and Liaison Manager and Field Coordinator within the domain of safety, security and liaison
Requirements & Skills:
- Experience in a field position with a Non-Governmental or International Organization;
- Experience in a similar position (liaison and safety & security) is a strong asset;
- Organizational, planning, analytical and critical skills;
- Integrity, honesty, confidentiality
- Overall good attitude and team spirit;
- Good communication and negotiation skills; ability to communicate with diverse individuals and institutions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a challenging environment;
- Proven skills in information gathering and report writing;
- Fluent in Arabic and good command of English (both writing/reading and speaking);
- Competency in Internet and Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and Word);
Specific skills & knowledge
- Good knowledge and understanding of the security situation and operating context for INGOs in Hajjah governorate.
- Pre-existing network of contacts to provide information and support on issues which may affect INGO security
- To the aims and principles of the humanitarian sector and ACF mandate;
- To ACF code of conduct and policies.
- Level of the position: Managerial.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however candidates who are residents of “Hajjah” will be considered first and priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position, to email@example.com or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 22-05-2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.