Position suitable for anaesthesia students in 3rd and 4th year of specialization
Position status: Permanent contract / Temporary contract / Replacement
Location: Al-Qaidah Hospital - Ibb Govt. and/or Salakhana Hospital - Hudaydah Govt.
Contract lengths: Fixed term 1 year renewable / other lengths
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Organize and carry out anesthetic medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anesthetic staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all anesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anaesthesia.
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
- Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, anesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Supervise the OT pharmacy (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty vials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained.
- Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation, equipment, etc.)
- Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to accident emergency department requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.), and participate in any emergency activity or exploratory mission, in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities.
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
- Ensure the follow-up of post-operation patients in the ICU
- Collaborate with other departments (ER, PED…) and provide assistance when needed
- Supervise the activities of anesthesiology technicians
- Essential: Postgraduate degree in Anesthesia after bachelor degree in Medicine and surgery (MBBS) recognized by the state essential. Valid Medical License as a specialist Doctor Anaesthetist.
- 2 years’ experience as an anesthetist doctor; having worked in MSF or other NGO has and in developing countries is desirable.
- Essential: English and Arabic
- Rigor in work
- Sense of teamwork and sharing
- Intellectual curiosity
- Moral sense, neutrality of judgment and benevolence for patients
- Commitment, Flexibility, Teamwork
How to Apply
All interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- CV in English
- Motivation letter in English
- Copy of educational diploma
- Copy of medical license (for students in 3rd and 4th year of specialization, exception will be grated)
- Copy of other relevant certificates
- Copy of ID or passport
- Any relevant other document (work certificates)
In your application please specify what work location you prefer (Ibb or Hudaydah govts.)
Deadline for the Submission of Applications is 4PM, December 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous rolling basis as they come.
Please note that applications without the copy of the ID card, the degree and CV will NOT BE CONSIDERED!
Only short listed candidates will be contacted!
“MSF does not charge fees or accept any money during the entire recruitment process.’’
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل