Ended HR/Admin Assistant
Position: HR/Admin Assistant
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till March 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
The HR\ Admin Assistant will be responsible for performing a variety of human resource support duties such as filing personnel documents, drafting contracts, updating HR trackers and participating in the recruitment and orientation of new staff.
The “HR/Admin Assistant” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Ensure that personnel files are complete and updated as per ADRA HR filing system.
- Assist in drafting staff and volunteers’ contracts and other recruitment documents.
- Maintain confidentiality and safety of all personnel and recruitment documents.
- Assist in the recruitment process
- Updates employee's files.
- Keeps track of address changes, changes in job titles, and personal benefits and trainings.
- Ensures that all the staff are aware of the Human resource policy and its procedures.
- Maintains discipline, code of conduct requirements and team spirit.
- Fills the Human Resource Applications and requests.
- Submits the staff requisition to the direct supervisor.
- Maintains records of staff leaves.
- Fills employees monthly time sheets and submits the signed time sheets to the main office in Sana'a.
- Review adequacy of office space requirement and make recommendations.
- Monitor and manage assets (Inventory recording, disposal and transfer of office assets).
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities required and requested by the project manager or his representative.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration or any relevant field.
- Experience working on HR tasks or in HR department.
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Windows OS.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- High integrity and the ability to work with confidential information.
- The ability to multi-task and deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, May 17, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.