Ended M&E Officer
Position: M&E Officer
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: Till March 31, 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the M&E Officer will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The M&E Officer will maintain all data, conduct relevant need assessments, ensure full compliance of rules and regulations for project implementation and developing frequent reports on all project activities.
The “M&E Officer” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Create M&E plan for the project, taking into consideration the required indicators and other information useful for project monitoring and evaluation.
- Work with the project management staff in designing both data collection tools and electronic templates for collecting regular projects’ activities and performances data.
- Participate in the project log-frame update, follow up of project plan, monitor project output/ outcome indicators and assess progress made against targets while considering project quality, and provide timely feedback.
- Assist in the development and implementation of studies including; baseline, mid-term, final evaluation, surveys, assessments, and/or review reports.
- In coordination with project implementing teams, undertake regular field/site monitoring visits to ensure properly data collection and verification, assess progress on the ground against action plans, and to promote compliance to quality and program standards.
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at field level through surveys, interviews, questionnaires, focus group discussions with beneficiaries, …etc as defined in the weekly/monthly M&E work plan and required by programs.
- Verify and clean data collected by the field teams in real time, check data quality, performs data processing and data analysis functions and interprets/reports findings from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Prepare and submit regular, timely, and quality M&E project reports and provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis, emergency preparedness, security risk management and risk mitigation activities, development and implementation of project M&E learning and feedback mechanisms within ADRA Yemen’s programs.
- Organize, collect, compile and document all program and M&E-related data and files, ensuring that all records are properly organized and stored.
- Assist in developing communication products e.g. short videos, documentaries, success stories, case studies, snapshots as detailed in ADRA Yemen communications guidelines
- Assist in planning, leading and evaluating regular M&E training workshops to build the capacity of project staff in use of M&E data for program improvement.
- Perform other relevant duties and responsibilities required and requested by the Project Manager or programs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University degree in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics or other relevant fields with at least two years of relevant professional work experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of others in skills related to, program tracking and documentation.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and analysis.
- Relevant background in emergency programs, with experience in systematic input, output and process data were collected and used to guide programming.
- Knowledge of sampling and questionnaire design.
- Good English Skills.
- Very good command of MS Office applications.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, May 17, 2019
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.