Position: MEAL Officer
Location: Aden office with mobility for other offices
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duration: For one year and can be extended as needed
Mayar foundation for development (MFD), is a non-governmental and non-profit institution. It was established on 12/12/2012 with license number (1019) by the ministry of social affairs and labor. The main working area of MFD is the republic of Yemen, specializing in the work of developing youth capabilities and preparing quality community leaders that contribute to the development of the society in various areas of life. In addition, MFD Also work in responding to the populations with urgent needs and helping creative people by uncovering their hobbies and innovations. Mayar development foundation office is located in Al-Basateen, Al-Insha'at, Aden governorate
The “ MEAL Officer ” will be responsible but not limited to:
Monitoring and Data Management:
- Working closely with the Senior MEAL Officer to establish a mechanism for data collection tools (quantitative and qualitative) and reporting to ensure all monitoring requirements are met, including field monitoring.
- Organize, design, plan and carry out the collection, verification, evaluation, analysis, compilation and dissemination of MEAL data.
- Develop tracking tools for projects indicators to ensure that activities are accomplished according to agreed plans.
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put systems in place for routing data quality checks and revisions.
- Work closely with the Senior MEAL Officer and program staff to ensure data quality on project deliverables and achievements against the log frame is as accurate and up to date as possible and managed according to agreed processes and standards.
- Conducting data quality assessments on key activities and developing analytical reports.
Assessment, Surveys, and Learning:
- Regularly collect case studies, success stories, and human-interest stories that tell an interactive story of the development impact of project activities.
- Regularly conduct/analyze/report Post Distribution Monitoring and other surveys, as requested.
- Work closely with the Senior MEAL Officer to guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, including partners, and primary stakeholders.
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback via regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries, and through publication of key project successes.
- Compiling and analyzing collected data in order to identify lessons learned and any gaps or problems; sharing results in project reflection meetings and reporting any concerns to the Senior MEAL Officer and appropriate program staff.
- Conduct monthly market monitoring surveys and share the report on timely manner.
Reporting and Accountability:
- Work with the Senior MEAL Officer to support the Program team in the monthly, quarterly, annual, and final reporting, ensuring that the reporting meets donor expectations and requirements.
- Identification and formulation of lessons learned from evaluations and studies to be integrated into the final report
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and prepare relevant reports;
- In coordination with the Deputy Programs Manager and the Senior MEAL Officer, implement the Accountability Mechanism, including preparations of tools for feedback and complaint collecting and recording, and responding.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Economics or related field, and strong data analysis training
- At least 3-5 years of experience in M&E works.
- Working experience with NGOs
- Demonstrated experience in field monitoring and conducting surveys.
- Experience in writing quality reports.
- Experience in implementing accountability system such as complaints, feedback, and response mechanism.
- Excellent computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong data analysis skill.
- Experience in using SPSS software.
- Facilitation, training, and coaching skills
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Team work and Management skills.
- Excellent English skills (verbal and writing).
- Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
- Indicating in the subject line: MEAL Officer.
- Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered.
- Deadline to send your application: 20 May, 2019.